Lowering springs

Aug 31, 2019
North Somerset
Sorry, only just seen this!
Yes I did, they look good and ride is pretty comfortable but did take a while to come tbh!

Picture to show height. This was for a 2017 1.2tsi FR. It's on 17' alloys. Don't have a before and after unfortunately!

No worries, they look nice!

I ended up ordering a set of Vogtland springs and shocks, just waiting for them now.

Nov 26, 2023
Hello there! I would like some help...
I installed Eibach Pro Kit to my Ibiza 6J/6P 1.4 TSI ACT FR (2017) a couple of years ago.
The thing is that the car lowered a lot in the back compared to the front and i'm not sure if it sits as it should.
While installing the springs the mechanic replaced the top mounts as well, with SKF top mounts (i wonder if these are the problem?).
I'm attaching a photo of the car, and maybe you can tell me if this is a proper result or not.
The Eibach Pro Kit code is E10-81-010-05-22 and my car axle loads are 890 / 790
Thank you in advance,
Thanos

20211120_151637.jpg

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The thing is that the car lowered a lot in the back compared to the front and i'm not sure if it sits as it should.
Lowering springs have been around for a long time and I've seen this time and time again going back decades. The spec for this kit does not say what the drops are but it is very common for it to be more at the back than it is at the front. Why? Stupidity.

Kid looks at his car and sees that it sits higher at the back. Ooo, bad. So he buys a lowering kit that drops more at the back to 'fix' it. That's what manufacturers make because that's what buyers want. But every single production cars sits higher at the back and our hero never stops to consider that there might be a reason for that.

If a car is sitting higher at the back it looks ok. If it's sitting lower at the back it looks broken. So manufacturers design the car to be higher at the back while stationary so that when moving with the traction of the wheels pulling the back end down slightly, and with people in the back, the car doesn't look wrong.

So with lowering springs the car looks level when stationary, ye-he! What you don't realize is that on the move with a couple of pals in the back the car looks like a guinea pig dragging it's backside on the ground.

So yeah, it's almost certainly supposed to look like that because that's what most sets of lowering springs do.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.