Lowering springs?

ads24000

Oct 5, 2018
Thinking of getting a mk3 leon FR next year. Wanting to do a few mods including lowering. Anyone got any opinion on lowering springs? Read in a few places that if you use them with the standard shocks it reduces the life of the shock. Do the FRs not have better shocks which will be more compatible with lowering springs compared to standard leons? thanks.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've had two mk2s now, both with lowering springs and stock dampers. And haven't noticed the dampers wearing particularly quick. However, I have got coilovers on order because the ride is really really bumpy. From a handling perspective they are great. But every bump goes through me. I went with the h&r springs. Maybe the Eibach prokit would have balanced comfort a bit better.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I've had two mk2s now, both with lowering springs and stock dampers. And haven't noticed the dampers wearing particularly quick. However, I have got coilovers on order because the ride is really really bumpy. From a handling perspective they are great. But every bump goes through me. I went with the h&r springs. Maybe the Eibach prokit would have balanced comfort a bit better.

The eibach sportslines are still pretty bumpy on the mk2, it’s a good ride generally but you will get more choppiness from the car sitting lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.