Lowering

Nathanmac1991

Hi there had my leon about a month now and love it :)
Been looking for lowering springs for it but not having much luck has anyone lowered there leon or looked into it

Cheers nathan

Nathanmac1991

Hi there I have the 1.6 TDI 105bhp Leon, have spoke to my mechanic friend and he's sure there won't be a problem but as soon as I find some springs I'll let you know.

Mark D

Apr 5, 2013
Leicester
dampers are effected by the electronics, springs are springs. Could mess with the levelling headlight systems however they are german built so even they shouldn't be an issue.

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
Thanks guys!
My concern regarding the safety systems is that they may assume that the car is higher an kick in too early...

Lower car doesn't only look nicer, but should "hold the road" better.

Last edited:

Nathanmac1991

Cheers guys :) cant wait to get mine lowerd hoping to drop it 40mm just close the wheel arch gap.

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
I've lowered mine on Eibach springs, I felt that it sat way too high and that it rolled about a bit too much in corners. I was a little concerned that the Eibachs wouldn't give the drop I was after because in some cases they don't but they were pretty much all that were available and they have always given a good ride quality. I was pleased with the results, it now sits much lower, slightly more on the front now which I like and the handling has improved quite a bit.
I do have pictures but only with the car running on 16" winter steels and not the 17" wheels unfortunately. In short I would definitely recommend the Eibach's.

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
I've lowered mine on Eibach springs, I felt that it sat way too high and that it rolled about a bit too much in corners. I was a little concerned that the Eibachs wouldn't give the drop I was after because in some cases they don't but they were pretty much all that were available and they have always given a good ride quality. I was pleased with the results, it now sits much lower, slightly more on the front now which I like and the handling has improved quite a bit.
I do have pictures but only with the car running on 16" winter steels and not the 17" wheels unfortunately. In short I would definitely recommend the Eibach's.

Nice! Pictures please :D

Nathanmac1991

springs

Sweet where did you sorce the springs as I'm not having any luck what so ever, also pics would be great cheers

aaroe

I don't know about UK, but in Denmark you can buy lowering springs at the Seat dealer - i bought some Eibach for my Leon 5F 1.6 TDI.

Remember that there are different springs depending on the rear suspension on the car - E.g. mine doesn't have multi-link.

Getting my springs installed later this month, can't wait! [B)]

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Some pics of mine lowered on Eibach springs with winter wheels on. Obviously it looks much better with the 17" alloys on and it looks a little lower aswell.

I can't remember where I got them but it was a company I'd never heard of before, google it you'll find a supplier. They are available on ebay i think and I know Awesome sell them aswell.

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
The springs cost £184 delivered and I fitted them myself.

The passanger side front was really easy and took about an hour but the drivers side was a different story because of the driveshaft being longer on this side which made it really difficult to get the hub low enough. I managed to get the strut out without too much hassle but getting it back in was a different story. After a few hours at it I decided dropping the subframe would be worth a shot, I only wish id done this in the first place, it would have saved alot of time and hassle. Id definately recommend loosining the subframe bolts, no need to take them right out though. The rear again was pretty easy, I didnt even remove the wheels, i just dropped the axle down pulled the old springs out and put the new springs in. I reckon the whole lot could be done in 4.5 hours easy.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise