lrc bulb hid kit

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
hi folks, not sure if anyone will know but its worth trying,

i am about to buy a hid kit for my lcr, just wondering what kit i need for low beam and what kit i need for high beam, thought i would ask as both kits are £100 EACH,

thanks owen

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
dont bother with a kit for high beam!

just get a low beam kit! IMHO

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Yep just a dipped beam H7 kit and get it from a reputable supplier as some of the eBay ones have cheap bulbs/ballast/both and don't last as long as the Hids4U kits (which have 2 yr warranty iirc).

Spend the extra and get the HID kit from Hids4U

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
id say about 20 - 25% increase!

what you guys think?! :shrug:

put it this way, i saw (no pun intended! ;)) a good difference

plus they look wicked! :yes:

oh yea... it will also depend on what rating you go for... mine are 6000k

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
anyone got any pics cos the standard ones are really poor

i have no pics of HID in OE headlamps im afraid, sorry! :(

only of them in my projectors...

53400219.jpg

at the last herts meet i got to see two ibiza cupras with their dipped beam on side by side (one with HID)... yet again HID light up the road a LOT better! :yes:

Last edited:

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
thats quite bright is that full beam or is that normal dipped headlight, do people flash you a lot not in the naked sense

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
thats quite bright is that full beam or is that normal dipped headlight, do people flash you a lot not in the naked sense

the reason the pic is bright is because i was bending down (you can see the camera is roughly in line with the grill!) when i took the pic so i could get the colour effect of the HID through the projectors! (how BMWs etc look)

i have never been flashed by anyone... when i fitted them I purposely made sure i angled the lights down slightly and i haven't had the time to angle them back up, which is needed tbh!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
i would say more than 25% increase. they are awesome. i would never be withtout them now :)

i guess i was being conservitive, iv had them in for ages now i have forgotten what normal bulbs are like! so yea prob is 25 - 30%

but as said... never do without them!

from day one i said to myself... if i ever buy a car without HID i will deffo install it asap! :yes:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise