Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Luke Warm Heater

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Denzil, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Denzil

Denzil Active Member

Hi guys

My leon has an heating problem, please can someone help?

The blowers only get luke warm all throughout the temperature range (even on 29 degrees), no matter what power I have the blowers on, and this is still the case after I've been driving for over an hour.

There's also an intermittent plastic snapping / crunching noise sometimes when the blowers are on.

The coolant level is fine, so does anyone know what it could be please?

2. Mcdoodlz

Mcdoodlz Active Member

I had an issue with my blowers once they kept pulsing. It was a flap on the main inlet opening and closing due to a sheared shaft. Best thing you can do is get it checked out by a garage

3. Denzil

Denzil Active Member

Update - the main dealer had the car for several days.

They had to flush the coolant numerous times, replace the heat exchanger, and replace the coolant expansion tank.

Luckily this was all covered under the warranty .

4. black_sheep

black_sheep Active Member

The heater matrix failing appears to be common on all the MQB cars. If you look at any of the VAG forums, there is debris/corrosion and/or blocked/failed matrix issues across all the brands - this is despite G13 coolant being present. Glad it was sorted under warranty.

5. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

Ouch heater matrix on most cars is usually an absolute pig of a job! Dash out in most cases!

Glad warranty covered it :)

6. black_sheep

black_sheep Active Member

The Mk3 Leon heater matrix can be removed when the glovebox is out on RHD cars, with some carefully placed containers to collect residual coolant - there is a thread on here with pictures.

My experiences on the Octavia were that the coolant hoses connected to the heater matrix on the engine bay bulkhead were the most difficult thing to remove, albeit it was pitch black, on my drive and snowing at the time.

7. verybadbanana

verybadbanana Active Member

Looks like i have same issues without the noises. No Warranty :(