lumpy/kangerooing issue

Musty Pie

Feb 25, 2010
Herts
Ok please bear with me because im pretty noobish when it comes to mechanics/cars.

I recently purchased an 8V mk2 ibiza 2.0 jobby and im over the moon with it.

However last night when driving to the gym from home i experienced my first issue with the car. (and im sure more are to follow)

After a fresh start (been sitting all day as i use a work van to get to and from work) the car started fine but when pulling off in first (fairly shortly after starting) the car seemed to kangaroo (and no it was not a sloppy clutch lift :p ) This only happened in first gear from the fresh start.

After gyming it happened again on first start. But again only in first gear and for the first pull off. Any other first gear pull off after that was fine?

Any ideas on that one?

Not sure if this is relevant but im getting the cam belt changed soon (as its due) and might get the chap to check over the usual throttle body clean and plugs and leads etc.

Cheers in advance.

Ieuan-J

Jan 8, 2010
South Wales
hiya mate, i had the same problem with my car but in every gear at every speed, after i had the head gasket done... i tried everything, brand new alternator, new spark plugs, new ht leads, new coil, new cambelt... in the end i booked it in to go on VAGcom... but i kept driving it while it was kangerooing but it some how sorted itself out lol (so i cancelled the VAGcom)... so my advice would be to persivere with it and see what happens... :) hope this helps.

Musty Pie

Feb 25, 2010
Herts
Ok thanks matey, I drove it again to the gym last night with no major issues so hopefully it will sort itself out. Again I will get my mate to take a poke around when he does the cam belt at the other bits to see if there is anything obvious.

:whistle:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.