Luna Grey - Black wheels

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Getting my wheels coated on Monday and I was set on a dark grey matt finish but am being swayed by matt black wheels every time I see a car pass with them on. I don’t know why but I think they look wicked / sporty and will of course make my TDI faster : ) The black will likely highlight my rusty hubs and callipers more however, which is not so nice!

I have undertaken a few searches on the forum but cannot track down any pics of a Luna Grey Mk2 (ideally FR) with black alloys? Anyone out there got a jpeg that could seal the deal for me… The Candy FR / Cupras with black wheels rock IMO.

Pics and thoughts appreciated!

D

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Side_small.JPG

Front_small.JPG

Rear_small.JPG

They are satin black.

Fish

ktulumike

Jul 9, 2008
Banbridge, N Ireland
I am not allowed/able (not sure which) to post attachments. :help: If you want to send me your e-mail address via personal message i'll send you a few pics. I have black BBS CH 18" wheels on my luna grey FR. I've put Eibach springs on it as well which have droped it 30mm:rock:

2ndleon

dont forget gloss black see my thread in readers rides the pro race 1.2 look great!!

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Side_small.JPG

They are satin black.

Fish

quality chief, they look amazing. Many thanks for the pics, i will now be going for the black finish i think. Will be good to see the gloss black type as well but im sold on the matt finish.

cheers again and your motor looks well mean, good work,

D

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
I am not allowed/able (not sure which) to post attachments. :help: If you want to send me your e-mail address via personal message i'll send you a few pics. I have black BBS CH 18" wheels on my luna grey FR. I've put Eibach springs on it as well which have droped it 30mm:rock:

thanks for the offer of pics but ive seen enough from first reply, I appreciate the post though. Seeing your lowered FR would only make me want to do so as well...

cheers again,

D

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
dont forget gloss black see my thread in readers rides the pro race 1.2 look great!!

yer pic was quiet fuzzy (may be my screen) but yer candy / black setup still looks class and is probably the second best combo around - after the luna / black one posted above : )

only joking of course, cheers for the pointer to your post! Nice motor!

D

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
One question on black wheels? As they get the inevitable stone chips wont they show up on black wheels as the alloy will be.......well alloy/silver colour underneath:cry:
They do look great when new though................

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
One question on black wheels? As they get the inevitable stone chips wont they show up on black wheels as the alloy will be.......well alloy/silver colour underneath:cry:

very good point boss...

anyone got feedback on durability of black wheels against the usual damage (suppose it all depends on coating quality though)...?

D

Maximus2000uk

How about reversing the question. I've got a kerbed set of 18's. If I had them powder coated, or whatever its called, would the black paint cover the bits which are kerbed, making them look brand-new?

May 13, 2007
mine had 9 coats in all have had them done about 6 weeks now and seem to wear well i got 1 chip but a bit of touch up ok now
any damage will need to be repaired before painting/powder coating thou

ktulumike

Jul 9, 2008
Banbridge, N Ireland
thanks for the offer of pics but ive seen enough from first reply, I appreciate the post though. Seeing your lowered FR would only make me want to do so as well...

cheers again,

D

Sent you a few pics of the car and wheels to your e-mail address. Took me ages to decide on and find the wheels I wanted. Finally settled on these and am so glad I did. They really enhance the look imo :blahblah:

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Sent you a few pics of the car and wheels to your e-mail address. Took me ages to decide on and find the wheels I wanted. Finally settled on these and am so glad I did. They really enhance the look imo :blahblah:

The wheels look very sharp mate. The lowering of the car also does it a great justice, good work and prob one of the best looking Leons ive seen to date, very tastefully personalised bud.

I’m still on the fence with the Black wheels for me though (again), ive got R8 replicas (prob way more than me per wheel) and just not sure if they will be lost in black if that makes sense... Ill be changing my mind until I drop my car off in the morning for wheels to get done…

Thanks again for taking the time to send your pics, ill post some of my Luna when I get it sorted.

Im not even going to ask about lowering as the less I know the better : )

cheers,
D

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Wow i like those BBS CH ? Think the black wheels look good with Luna. I looked for several pics when i went to buy my black wheels but couldn't find them. I just got to seal and wax mine then new rubber and get them on. With all this poor weather prob best to leave till next summer now. :(
Should look OK you think?
P8150118.jpg

P8150120.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

Fishy

May 16, 2005
How about reversing the question. I've got a kerbed set of 18's. If I had them powder coated, or whatever its called, would the black paint cover the bits which are kerbed, making them look brand-new?

Max, I took my wheels to Lepsons in Chatham area. They removed the kerbing and then painted over them, and you'd be hard pressed to find which wheels it was.

If you want, I'll lend you some 17's whilst you get yours done.

Fish

ktulumike

Jul 9, 2008
Banbridge, N Ireland
Wow i like those BBS CH ? Think the black wheels look good with Luna. I looked for several pics when i went to buy my black wheels but couldn't find them. I just got to seal and wax mine then new rubber and get them on. With all this poor weather prob best to leave till next summer now. :(

Thanks pal. I love black wheels on the silver leons. Yours look cool. Like the chrome centre badge. All black is a bit much i think. Why wait til summer, get them on now and enjoy watching the heads turn:worship:

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site

Thanks pal. I love black wheels on the silver leons. Yours look cool. Like the chrome centre badge. All black is a bit much i think. Why wait til summer, get them on now and enjoy watching the heads turn:worship:

Cheers. Just pricing tyres now. Thinking GSD3 or Assemetricals How much were your Kumho's, expensive? How do you rate them?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise