Ménière’s Disease & owning a Cupra

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Slightly different post to the norm and not really sure if this is the correct part of the forum, however I am just putting some feelers out for info if anyone has any experience in the matter.

Unfortunately this week I was diagnosed with Ménière’s Disease, I know I will need to inform my insurance and the DVLA of this and I’ll wait to see how that affects my insurance but I was just wondering if anyone else on here has it and continues to drive their Cupra and gets enjoyment out of it?

I have nightmares of me having to sell the car I waited so long to own and having to drive some s&&tbox Dacia Sandero. (I’m sure they are good cars)

Not looking for sympathy, I just know I will have some decisions to make, insurance may make that decision for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

My wife had it (about 20 years ago) and had to stop driving (GP Told her not to drive) but she was given medication and it cured the problem.

Based on a quick check on the web it would appear depending on what drugs they give you you may not be able to drive but your doctor will be able to advise better.

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
No experience with the disease, but I don't see (apart from needing quick cash) why you would need to sell the car.

If you are allowed to drive, you should be able to drive whatever.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
No experience with the disease, but I don't see (apart from needing quick cash) why you would need to sell the car.

If you are allowed to drive, you should be able to drive whatever.

It’s not so much not being allowed the drive a Cupra, it’s the owning one and not being able to enjoy it properly.

Will have to call my insurance later today, been putting it off all week so my car has just been sitting there doing nothing gathering dust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members