m0rk's 2003 Renault Sport Clio Cup 172 WN52 PCU

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
You gotta say that road was made for driving/ riding used to ride it every morning, what a way to get to work!! In a cup it should be sublime!!! Stopped at petersfield, i'd have kept goin to billingshurst!!! lol

havent read this whole thread but nice car you have there although you cant be any taller than 6ft otherwise there well uncomfortable. if you buy anything for it k-tec is the website to use or prima racing which im sure your aware of. they do a turbo kit for that car too capable of 300bhp.
just read through the whole thread now should have commented after i read all rather than before. It seems your aware of everything i said lol.
i was going to get a 182 but it would have been my third clio as someone wrote my first off for me and they got to small for me and back breaking so it would have been silly being 6ft 2.

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Bloody hell Mark, 'Is that your Car?' (Where the hell did Renault find that half ar$ed slogan for the new SMegane?)

another car already! The MX-5 isn't even finished yet!

Looks like a blast, so will be interested to see it when you're passing!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Mazda will be kept 'nice' for weekends etc, new clutch to go in soon & in time for the nice weather

I'll have to stop by if I'm passing, or vice versa... there's some cracking test routes round me

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yup, my numbers not changed in years :)

New tyres fitted yesterday, and I need to sort the exhaust heatshield rattle later on today.

Otherwise just a spanner check before it's off to the Ring next weekend

Oh, and I fitted my Connects2 properly now, so I can control my ipod from the stalk :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Well after a job shift & having to drive into central Portsmouth every day I decided that the MX5 needs to be relegated to weekend summer duty.

So I need a sensible commuting car for my 15 mile drive in to work.

So being almost 30 insurance is no longer an issue, and because I like a slightly nippy car I decided that it 'must' be a hot hatch. Lots of cars were considered, but I settled my mind on a Clio 172.

Then as luck would have it, an SCN'er posted one up on Friday night, and it was mine before lunch on Saturday :)

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Love it, had an awesome drive home last night (even laden up with the interior & various 'bits' wedged in around the half rear cage)

Today I've debadged the 'sport' and 'Cup 172' from the car, and refitted the rear seat backrest, and parcel shelf, but left the cage in place. So I can chuck things in the boot, but also helps with NVH.

It's been lowered on eibach springs, which vastly improve the ride over the standard 172 I drove on Friday at a stealer, and apart from a noisey/loose bit of tin plate heat shield it's spot on

trip computer is showing 36mpg, even after a sustained beasting - so it's coming to Germany in 2.5 weeks for it's first outing.

Hope you all rip into me about build quality... but coming from a 19yr old MX5 this is a Rolls Royce.

is this pete's clio?
not seen his about for a week or so... just saw this thread and thought... :think:

great handling cars are'nt they

Asi_20VT

its a very good track car
but i didnt like her weak engine and the big steering wheel.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Well it's made it to the ring very happily.

38mpg all the way to the top of the A1, then 20 miles virtually flat stick saw it drop to an average of 37.1 by the time I got to the ring :D

looking forward to a couple of quiet laps in the morning, but it's a nice cruiser

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Well it's made it to the ring very happily.

38mpg all the way to the top of the A1, then 20 miles virtually flat stick saw it drop to an average of 37.1 by the time I got to the ring :D

looking forward to a couple of quiet laps in the morning, but it's a nice cruiser

Glad your enjoying it mate!

jamiebennett81

how much did you pick it up for M0rk? sorry could not see the price in your first post if you dont mind me asking

"out of the box" is it a good track car? :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
£3.9k with cage & interior - fair price, slightly more than the cheapest - but I was happy with it. Not bad for a get to work car bought on impulse.

out of the box it kicks the arse out of any other FWD car I've driven. I was just chatting to Ian about how much more confident I've got in the car this weekend - I've not found it's limits & even doing really really stupid stuff (like braking too late, mid corner, wrong line) it will just point in the right direction without exiting backwards or careering straight on.

DS2500's when it gets back with new fluid I think.... they're overheated by Berkwerk now - so I've jacked it in now (probably)

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
£3.9k with cage & interior - fair price, slightly more than the cheapest - but I was happy with it. Not bad for a get to work car bought on impulse.

out of the box it kicks the arse out of any other FWD car I've driven. I was just chatting to Ian about how much more confident I've got in the car this weekend - I've not found it's limits & even doing really really stupid stuff (like braking too late, mid corner, wrong line) it will just point in the right direction without exiting backwards or careering straight on.

DS2500's when it gets back with new fluid I think.... they're overheated by Berkwerk now - so I've jacked it in now (probably)

The view from the webcam doesn't look too busy, I'll head back down in a bit (you're welcome to more pax laps if you've parked the Clio up!)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.