Major problem, need help!

smudge2011

Feb 20, 2010
Norfolk
Right where to start? Got a Leon Tdi 150 Was driving along, funny noise like a hose popped off & big loss in power. Limped it to a car park. Checked all the hoses seemed fine. Switched it off then on again, start smoking. So switched it straight back off, called RAC came 1hr 30mins later [:@] then tried to start & nothing, pumped throttle & it tuned over for a few seconds, spit some more smoke out & then cut out? Then would not turn over after that.

RAC man said possible internal damage? Anyone experienced this? I know cam can fail etc... Really gutted :( start a new job next week!

Guessing it won't start now due to compression?

Any help would be most appreciated.

smudge2011

Feb 20, 2010
Norfolk
Scan it for codes, see it that reveals anything first. Have you checked the cam belt is ok?

Hello mate no haven't checked the belt. I assume that when the RAC bloke cranked it, it must still be in one piece?

Gonna have to take it to a garage, need it back on the road ASAP :cry:

May 13, 2011
S/E London/Kent
Hello mate no haven't checked the belt. I assume that when the RAC bloke cranked it, it must still be in one piece?

Gonna have to take it to a garage, need it back on the road ASAP :cry:

It's not unheard of that the pds can jump teeth on the timing. However I've had it where they jump 4 teeth and no internal damage.

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
Pd engine but he added a s lol ( pd's )

The boost pipes are prown for popping off on these, that will cause heavy black smoke loud whoosh noise and drive like a bag of crap, but never heard of them causing a non start issue...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Sounds like a boost pipe. The vulnerable joints are down by the intercooler, low down and difficult to see unless the undertray is off.

You end your post saying it would not *turn over*. Do you mean that you turn the key and nothing happens, the starter tries to turn but the engine won't let it?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.