Major Service Parts advice =) (Cambelt + Water Pump)

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Hey guys and gals!

Long time no see, been a busy bee but finally able to get some proper work done for the little beauty! =)

I'm currently getting all the service parts I need, though kind of stuck now specifically on the Water Pump... I've sourced an auxiliary water pump which is on its way, I'm wanting to purchase Cambelt Kit and Water Pump, so far I'm kind of settled on the SKF Cambelt Kit and Water Pump, only issue is I think from the looks of the SKF Water Pump the propeller looks plastic? Another one I've looked at is the Febi Water Pump which doesn't look plastic but states cast aluminium?

SKF - VKPC 81218
Febi - 24360

SKF Cambelt Kit + Water Pump

I am looking for a little reassurance from this on whether to just buy the whole kit and not go with the Febi Water Pump, or to select just the SKF Cambelt Kit and then the Febi Water Pump? What do you lot generally go for? I wont be doing this service myself the garage I trust will be doing it for me :)

Thanks in advance!

--Lee

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Hey guys and gals!

Long time no see, been a busy bee but finally able to get some proper work done for the little beauty! =)

I'm currently getting all the service parts I need, though kind of stuck now specifically on the Water Pump... I've sourced an auxiliary water pump which is on its way, I'm wanting to purchase Cambelt Kit and Water Pump, so far I'm kind of settled on the SKF Cambelt Kit and Water Pump, only issue is I think from the looks of the SKF Water Pump the propeller looks plastic? Another one I've looked at is the Febi Water Pump which doesn't look plastic but states cast aluminium?

SKF - VKPC 81218
Febi - 24360

SKF Cambelt Kit + Water Pump

I am looking for a little reassurance from this on whether to just buy the whole kit and not go with the Febi Water Pump, or to select just the SKF Cambelt Kit and then the Febi Water Pump? What do you lot generally go for? I wont be doing this service myself the garage I trust will be doing it for me :)

Thanks in advance!

--Lee
I was quoted 180 from mike in listers mate that's for the genuine water pump and cambelt kit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Israar

CustardKing93

Apr 25, 2018
have you checked on euro car parts? thats where I'm planning on buying all my stuff, if not from there maybe your local TMS?
Euro car parts usually have some sort of good sales on as well

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Thats such a decent price is it worth bothering with anyone else??
There it is m8 I would just buy that.
4d6d82d79af18821cf943142f80cf855.jpg

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
I was quoted 180 from mike in listers mate that's for the genuine water pump and cambelt kit

I haven't actually checked the listers section, that's not bad at all to be honest, what is the OEM brand as I'm not sure on that?

have you checked on euro car parts? thats where I'm planning on buying all my stuff, if not from there maybe your local TMS?
Euro car parts usually have some sort of good sales on as well

Checked ECP and they are pretty high, higher than the ones I was thinking of and higher than the quote that ergrgrtgdrgr was given from listers, not looked at a TMS? To be honest I was just randomly searching online haha! Yeah they have deals on but their deals are still higher than the quotes stated otherwise I'd walk in and get one :D

Thats such a decent price is it worth bothering with anyone else??

Yeah I feel you mate, although for the SKF Cambelt Kit and Water Pump it's £140~ right now which is £40 less than what was quoted in listers? I honestly don't know whether the OEM are the same as the SKF but I've read that the SFK brand and Gates brands are good? What is the OEM brand?

Thanks for all the inputs guys, really appreciate it sorry it's took this long to reply was out all day after putting up this thread as was at a wedding and just crashed out last night haha!

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
There it is m8 I would just buy that.
4d6d82d79af18821cf943142f80cf855.jpg

If I go with this it'll have to wait until payday as I'm shy off the price right now, really contemplating this now, thank you for the posted quote too! :)

I'd have to go to listers and get a quote myself wouldn't I for mine specifically right?

Again thank you for the help it's highly appreciated! :)

--Lee

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Not sure what OEM is tbh I heard of gates I just had mine done about 200miles ago

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
If I go with this it'll have to wait until payday as I'm shy off the price right now, really contemplating this now, thank you for the posted quote too! :)

I'd have to go to listers and get a quote myself wouldn't I for mine specifically right?

Again thank you for the help it's highly appreciated! :)

--Lee
Yea mate just ask for quote with your reg.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Yea mate just ask for quote with your reg.

Thanks fella, well I think I'll wait and go with OEM instead then, will use some of the funds now to get the other little bits, fuel filter, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter but will get a quote from listers too for these :)

--Lee

Reactions: DannyallenFR

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Looks good in the service history too having (new) genuine cambelt, tensioners and water pump fitted.
Not saying SKF or Gates are bad at all either tho.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.