Make Cupra Handle Better

rdjmoose

Jul 23, 2004
Have a remapped Leon Cupra TDI and I hav ea bit of cash to spend on improving the handling. What does everyone recommend?

Will lowering it and uprating the springs and dampers make a massive difference? I also have an A3 upper strut brace but never fitted it (fitted the lower one ages ago and it improved the turn in), will this have much impact?

Want to keep the car another couple of years but want it to be more fun as I am getting bored of the average handling.

Thanks for any advice.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
have a searchy mate! Lots of info on this - even in the suspension & handling forum.

Strut braces seem to get the thumbs up - christ if you got it fit it!
Coilovers and arbs also seem to be the best option

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I did a bit of a review on the LCR suspension options although not applicable the priciples would be the same? it's about 3MB with photo's but if you PM me I will email it to you if you are interested.

At least for the cupra people like H&R, Eibach etc do pairs (front and rear) of anti-roll bars (for the Cupra) they don't for the LCR, thus it's cheaper for the Cupra.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I think the strut brace is probably the best value, the car often surprises me how well it turns in when you want it to......and all for less than £60+fitting.

I'd also recomend a Short Shoft and Dog bone engine mount just to enhance your driving experience.

luthor1

Ruddmeister,

I am really new to the Cupra scene, I have a 51 plate LC, it's BOG standard with 35k miles on, so RIPE for the tuning!! I am interested in handling first, and engine later, my list goes:

Upated ARB's (are the Jabba ones good?)
Poly Bushes all round (where to get them??)
Strut braces (front? rear? top? bottom? where can I get some?? what's this about the S3)
Solid top mounts: anyone know where I can get them? They are well rubberised on the Leon, my previous car had solids fitted and they were awesome.

Thanks!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.