Making it louder ..

Apr 27, 2008
try an air filter, quite a few people have got the one from halfords believe it or not and its ment to be good. also you could get a custom back box exhaust made or even cat-back exhaust

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
New rear end muffler and a proper cold air induction.

Do not just go out and buy any cone filter and install it directly to your throttle body. It will be sucking hot air and high rev performance will be poor...especially on a 3 cylinder 1.2....

hypopsycho

D'ya wanna go faster?
Jan 12, 2010
York
I've got the 1.4 and have a K&N 57i cold air induction kit, best thing I've got so far, really gives it some noise, though I'm saving up for a customer back box too. My theory is, quiet cars are dangerous to pedestrians, you can't say you never heard ME coming!:cartman:

Dillan G

Aug 9, 2009
Sittingbourne Kent
yeah i got one from halfords a cone filter but it didnt fit to my car .... so i think i will take your advise and buy a k and n one .. where would i get a custom back box and also how much would it cost ... cant i just buy any old back box from a shop or online ?

hypopsycho

D'ya wanna go faster?
Jan 12, 2010
York
K&N all the way mate, you just can't beat them! Mines a Polo one if that helps.

Exhaust wise, not, nobody seems to make them off the shelf, something to do with mounts etc (so I was told) however many places can do one for you, as in modify an off the peg job to fit, I've just been quoted around £160 fitted, with my choice of box and pipe.;)

Apr 27, 2008
you can get universal back boxes but they are an ass to fit. i had one on my first car, it did sound good but took and age to fit.

i'm getting a custom turbo-back straight through exhaust made and fitted tomorrow, a place called power-pipes in barton are doing it and its costing me £290max.

Dillan G

Aug 9, 2009
Sittingbourne Kent
ohh right thanks mate... do you rekon having the k&N filter be good for the time being ? because dont want constant noise all the time will give me a headache .. haha

shox

ohh right thanks mate... do you rekon having the k&N filter be good for the time being ? because dont want constant noise all the time will give me a headache .. haha

I was also wondering the same thing. I want to add an air filter but i want to to sound like a tractor only when i accelerate and reach high RPMs, but when i drive like a proper human being and not like a lunatic (120km/H on 5th lets say) i prefer hearing the base of the subwoofer instead of the car.

Is that the case? Or will it continuously sound like a tractor?? thanks for the input!

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
I used the BMC CDA on my 1.4 101hp (stock) ibiza before buying the cupra.

Without the induction hose, sucking hot air from the engine bay performance was poor...

Its normal guys.

I then upgraded to a cold air induction by a peugeot 206 which i customised to get it to fit on the ibiza engine bay. That thing was excellent, performance and sound wise...

For the history my beeza had induction 4-2-1 header 48mm upgraded piping, high flow catalysator, small resonator and high flow end muffler. Denso IK20 sparks, Revo Remap etc.

They usually produce 118-120 hp with the above mentioned mods...

My father is driving this car nowadays :)

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
like wearing new socks :p

if its a panel filter, then yeah...a few screws to be removed on the engine cover-filter, replace the filter, put back the screws and youre done...

For a cone filter, its even simpler...remove the stock airbox-engine cover, install directly on the TB the cone filter and use a clamp to secure. A cone filter directly on the TB though as i already described, will feed the engine with hot air, not cold which is what youre looking for, if max power is what youre after...

hypopsycho

D'ya wanna go faster?
Jan 12, 2010
York
Wow this all sounds so technical to me ..... If i buy a air filter from K&N will it be easy for me to install ?

Yeah very easy, just try not to worry about the instuctions, they are hopeless, just ask someone on here who has done it, then your looking at a much quicker job!

shox

I was also wondering the same thing. I want to add an air filter but i want to to sound like a tractor only when i accelerate and reach high RPMs, but when i drive like a proper human being and not like a lunatic (120km/H on 5th lets say) i prefer hearing the base of the subwoofer instead of the car.

Is that the case? Or will it continuously sound like a tractor?? thanks for the input!

Anyone who has one already can clarify on this?? pleeeaseee =)

thnx!

Beaverance

Ive got a K&N on my 1.2 ibiza, sounds awesome, then last week i has a straight through pipe put on and it is sooo loud now....brilliant when showing off lol but just when im cruising down the motorway the noise and vibration i get is too much to take :/ , im thinking of getting it silenced a bit tbh :shrug:

shox

lol they give a bit of a grunt i wouldnt get the lads hopes up

I know. basically i had a renault twingo 1.2 with an air filter attached. dunno if it helped with the acceleration but because i liked hearing it growl i was going on top of the rpms on every gear change. ofc it made a lot of noise, but what i didn't like is that when i was on the 5th gear, going with 120km/h (no rpm meter there but im sure more than 4.000-5.000) it was making too much noise.

3472717341_ae990b57ef_o.jpg

I checked this evening when i was on the highway with my ibiza (1.4 sport), and i was at 120 km/h at 4.000 rpm. Im just afraid ill get annoyed from it coz i like listening to music when im on the highway, but i do enjoy showing off sometimes :p

more opinions are welcome!