Manual 184ps tdi subject to availability

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Oh yea. The mobile site is a bit older not showing the dsg!

I know VW have a twin turbo tdi ready for a golf GTD R but that's not due yet.

Shiners

Jun 29, 2013
Scotland
Perhaps SEAT have sold so many 184s that they have all but used their current allocation of that particular engine? Or... something else? Or... I'm talking nonsense!:lol:

Last edited:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
It's been like that since June 2013. Originally it was listed on the site, then it was removed and dealers were saying it wouldn't appear until the end of 2013. Then it reappeared and dealers started taking orders but the website has always said subject to availability.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Could it be old data and it hasnt been updated by the SEAT website? Because the official CO₂ figure for the 184PS TDI is 109 g/km CO₂ not 112 g/km CO₂. Because the road tax is only £20 not £30 after the first year. Not a huge difference but stil, loll :)

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
On the Spanish site in the list of available engines the 184 manual is listed but not the DSG.

On the configurator they are both available.

Looks like someone's screwed up the websites!

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Could it be old data and it hasnt been updated by the SEAT website? Because the official CO₂ figure for the 184PS TDI is 109 g/km CO₂ not 112 g/km CO₂. Because the road tax is only £20 not £30 after the first year. Not a huge difference but stil, loll :)

The site did quote 109 when i bought mine. I think it has been re-graded as other sites have it as 112 now.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Ahh I see or could it be perhaps somebody has messed up with the figures because looking at the online Brochure Link on Page 21, they have the Leon ST down as 112 CO2 (g/km) and other 2 derivatives down as 109 CO2 (g/km). Confusing :think:

Edit: ma9mwah beat me to it :)

Also another weird thing on the SEAT UK website, if you look at the Leon 5 Dr and Engines section, the 184ps TDI manual is not listed but the DSG version is......the opposite to what Fred posted earlier, weird.

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised if they are deliberately restricting on account of the GTD

Hehe yeah good point, perhaps the GTD is not selling as well compared the Leon FR 184 ps TDI.
VW realised they've made a mistake with their pricing and design of the car :harhar:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
What's the chances of Seat releasing a Leon Cupra with this VW twin turbo diesel engine?

J4 and AJ I think you could be right! Every time I drive past a golf GTD I think ahhh I paid less for a better equipped and nicer looking car lol

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I was in VW today with mine and the guys thought it was ace. Just makes no sense. My spec would have been 30k on a gtd!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.