Manual Cupra 300 clutch issues

Jan 27, 2019
Seat provide a 12 month warranty on the clutch? do you know where this is included in writing at all?

Not sure I was told that over the phone by Seat customer service, they didn't really seem interested in helping just informing me that was the policy as they can't confirm driving style

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Not sure I was told that over the phone by Seat customer service, they didn't really seem interested in helping just informing me that was the policy as they can't confirm driving style
12 months is longer than any other quote I have seen.
6 months or 6000 miles seems to be the number most dealers throw out

Reactions: kazand
Jan 27, 2019
Have you had the clutch done can you tell the difference? , Had my FR in today at a different dealer for second opinion , straight away says its the fly wheel so should be under warranty and fingers crossed a new clutch.

PP Gareth

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2019
The car has gone in today and the health report came back with the clutch needs replacing and that they need to carry out some investigation into wether it was mechanical or wear & tear. The cost for them to carry out the investigation is £400 but if it is under warranty then that will be covered. Apparently there had been three others reported within the last two weeks

Does your car have one of the clutch delay valves fitted they seem to be problematic

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
It's a joke as they should replace it under warranty as the stock clutch is rubbish for the bhp and torque going through it and they know this which is worse , my biggest but bearer with main dealers in general is they put all design flaws or build issues down to either characteristic or owner abuse or worse of all saying its the first time they have heard of the problem, hope it gets sorted anyway.

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
Quick update after what felt like the longest day ever waiting to see if it was under warranty and luckily it was! The cars got returned to me 3 days later and touch wood its back to normal! Really hoping I have more luck with this one!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Quick update after what felt like the longest day ever waiting to see if it was under warranty and luckily it was! The cars got returned to me 3 days later and touch wood its back to normal! Really hoping I have more luck with this one!

Glad it's sorted under warranty.

Did they say what was wrong with it ?

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
Glad it's sorted under warranty.

Did they say what was wrong with it ?

Yes he did explain it to me and I asked for a report to be sent to me but I never received it. I can’t remember now what the issue was because when he was explaining it I was shitting my self waiting for him to say if it was covered or not! I’ll follow it up and see if I can get a report and let you guys know

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Hi mate, I did a post on here as I had exactly the same issue with mine after 1500 miles! They said they had never heard of it happening before (which is hard to believe as it seems common) and they took my gearbox to pieces before finding it was actually the flywheel and clutch. They fixed it under warranty but they did then say that if it happened again it would be down to me to pay for the repairs.

I was actually in my first real race with a golf R and after my second gear change, the clutch didn't return to me and showed me right up in front of a golf guy. From that point on the clutch would struggle to return. I bet there is a lot of Cupra owners out there being charged thousands for this repair when it's clearly a fault in the design. What good is a sporty car if you cant drive it properly now and again for fear of the clutch breaking?

chris95

Jul 3, 2018
Hi mate, I did a post on here as I had exactly the same issue with mine after 1500 miles! They said they had never heard of it happening before (which is hard to believe as it seems common) and they took my gearbox to pieces before finding it was actually the flywheel and clutch. They fixed it under warranty but they did then say that if it happened again it would be down to me to pay for the repairs.

I was actually in my first real race with a golf R and after my second gear change, the clutch didn't return to me and showed me right up in front of a golf guy. From that point on the clutch would struggle to return. I bet there is a lot of Cupra owners out there being charged thousands for this repair when it's clearly a fault in the design. What good is a sporty car if you cant drive it properly now and again for fear of the clutch breaking?
They said to me it was the first one they’d seen as wel! Something definitely odd going on here?