Manufacturer recall on my 2017 Cupra

markrtw

Mar 3, 2018
Northants
Evening, I received a letter today advising to contact a dealer as my late 2017 Cupra 300 has a 94M1 outstanding recall on it. It does not give any further info, so I have no idea what issue this recall actually relates to. I'll give them a call on Monday, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone on here knows what the 94M1 recall is for. The search button & Google has not come up with anything.
Thanks in advance.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Evening, I received a letter today advising to contact a dealer as my late 2017 Cupra 300 has a 94M1 outstanding recall on it. It does not give any further info, so I have no idea what issue this recall actually relates to. I'll give them a call on Monday, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone on here knows what the 94M1 recall is for. The search button & Google has not come up with anything.
Thanks in advance.

I was at my local dealers the other day having a washer pump replaced and they told me that my 2017 CUPRA 300 has had some recall work completed on the LED headlights. I was told that I might get a letter through the post and to ignore it as the work has been completed by them. I was told it only affected certain cars within a given timescale and it looks as if yours and mine might be in that range.

When completed I found that some coding I had done with OBDEleven no longer worked. I had previously coded the mirrors to fold in on one click and when checking this had reverted back to normal locking by holding down the button. I’m assuming by this that they upgraded some software to the electronics system on the car. I was able to recode the mirrors back to one click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah, I think that they tend to revert coding to logged factory settings before/while updating S/W.

Edit:- and that is why I always meticulously record what I've altered and when - easier to do when using VCDS as you are actually changing "bits", so you can record initial and final settings easily.

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Ah, I think that they tend to revert coding to logged factory settings before/while updating S/W.

Edit:- and that is why I always meticulously record what I've altered and when - easier to do when using VCDS as you are actually changing "bits", so you can record initial and final settings easily.

I though as much. I did have a list of the mods I had made and just easily reverted them back to how I wanted them with minimal issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.