Map Sensor (Thrust Sensor)

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Thanks Lads, im going to order a Bosch one from euro car parts today.

Can the sensor be seen from underneath the car, if i jack up the passanger side can you get access to the sensor without having to remove anything?

ibizasport1.4

MAP sensor

Hi. I need some help please. First off I have a ibiza sportrider 1.4 year 2008. Can anyone tell me the map sensor part number I need to order a new one please?
Also I have a question, my epc and engine light keeps coming on to start with I had no problems. It came on for couple hours then vanished for a few days, came back on and stayed on for about 3 days, I rang rac they got code and wasnt sure so I went to mechanic and they code read it same code came up, he has told me its the map sensor, so he cleaned all sensors and checked wires/plugs etc, since they been cleaned the Engine light and epc comes on n off atleast 6 times a hour, but now when it comes on I loose revs and my car stalls. Any ideas for me as its begining to bug me. I haven't got the code on me atm but will post later. Thanks guys/lasses

codename8ball

Mar 7, 2015
Hi there, was a solution ever found to this? I have the same car and am getting the same problem... It's been in the garage for more time this year than I've had it!

I could cope with the engine cutting out but it actually went into limp mode on the motorway and I nearly got taken out, so I do need it sorting.

Garage replaced the map sensor and the brake switch cable, and are now thinking it may be the cam belt? I'm not a car person, but any assistance would be gratefully received!

Thanks

codename8ball

Mar 7, 2015
Just as an update, the issue on mine seems to have been the throttle body - garage charged me £40 for the fix and it's running fine ever since.