Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

March 1st 2018

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk6 (2017-present)' started by seatibizaking, Feb 27, 2018.

1. seatibizaking

seatibizaking Active Member

Just thought I would create a new thread for people collecting there new cars on Thursday or in March, my car has arrived FR spec fully loaded got the video today and has the alacantra leather seats leather dash yay lol LED lights upgraded wheels vision pack Beats sound system pick it up Thursday 10am got it in midnight Black pics will be uploaded later on.

2. RJD

RJD Active Member

March 1st

We also get ours this Thursday (snow permitting!) FR 150 in Mystery Blue - full LED - panoramic roof.:)

3. Cerfwo

Cerfwo Active Member

Nice spec! I'm getting an FR 115 in metallic Blue with KESSY and parking sensors next week. Kind of regretting not going with LED lights, but it's an expense I can do without!

4. rustyd0g

rustyd0g Active Member

Picking mine up on Saturday (3rd). 115 FR, Mystery Blue, 18" Performance Alloys, Vision Pack Plus, LED headlights, Storage Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control and Space Saver Spare Wheel. Kinda wish I'd gone the whole hog and opted for Alcantara and Beats as well. Can't wait!

#4 rustyd0g, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  5. Rowan83

Rowan83 Active Member

I collect mine on Monday 5th... although am having a nightmate trying to sort the free insurance :blink:

6. Cerfwo

Cerfwo Active Member

Still waiting for the dealer to send me the information so I can register for that myself. What sort of issues are you having?

7. marcuscupra300

marcuscupra300 Active Member

I collect my Orange Cupra 300 on Thursday 1st at 9.30am weather pemitting

8. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

Is the free insurance not aimed at walk in stock buyers who want the car now?

If you pre-order surely you've 16 weeks to sort your insurance out, rather than use Seats ropey 7 day freebie.

#8 camelspyyder, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  9. rustyd0g

rustyd0g Active Member

No, I'd imagine they're referring to the offer of a years free fully comprehensive insurance.

10. Looozzz

Looozzz Active Member

Pick mine up Thursday :) FR 115 in eclipse orange! LED Headlights and parking sensors! I'm excited

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

11. Rowan83

Rowan83 Active Member

My dealer sent me the link to set up the 1 year free insurance, went to complete all the details and for some reason it can't find my address... infact it can't find any address I put in.... and it won't even let you complete the address manually.. looks like a glitch in the system.... utter shvte.

I tried calling Seat/VW Insurance on 2 occassions and each time been on hold for over 25 mins so gave up.

12. Peter

Peter Active Member

I was offered the free insurance when the dealer called to sort out collection details. To be honest I wasn’t expecting it; I’d seen it advertised but assumed I’d ordered too early. Just as well, because despite being well over 40 I was declined :lol: I’ve got three active points on my license, but I have had 6 in the last 5 years which is apparently an automatic decline.. no matter as LV who are our insurers have said the change in car (from an A3 e-tron) will result in a refund of £78 for the year, bringing the fully comp premium to about £200. Clearly very high risk SEAT ;)

Roll on Friday, weather permitting!

13. farrar

farrar Full Member

Have you tried using different web browsers?

14. KXL

KXL KXL

I had this free insurance thing in Dec 2016, took less than 5 mins to sort out (online with Firefox) with the person who has seen through the process of ordering till delivery.

Could only sort out insurance once the car was registered as need the reg number.

It was a hassle free 5 min job, even did it at work. Had licence since 2008, 0 points (lets hope I keep it this way) and even added 1 additional driver. For some reason the docs ended up with this person at Seat, but he sent it all to me by email within an hour.

Insurance was with Alpha insurance (but it's limited in the sense that I can't add non UK/EU licence holders as additional drivers, nor can I drive another motor vehicle that is insured + owners consent (3rd party cover only).

Not sure if it's the same process nowadays.

My 2nd year insurance is with Aviva @ £688 fully comp, + 2 additional drivers inc non-UK/EU driver.

15. Peter

Peter Active Member

Looking t the weather, maybe I need to get winter tyres fitted to the car *before* I pick it up :lol: Anyone know what size tyres the 18” wheels come with ,)

I’ve checked...it says 215/40/18? That’s an odd, and expensive, size! I wonder if I’d get away with the much more common 225/40/18...?

#15 Peter, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  16. Rowan83

Rowan83 Active Member

Yep, tried Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer... tried on my phone first then a desktop PC.

Will try calling them again.

17. KXL

KXL KXL

Yup, even mine (previous model) came with 215/40 R17..so expensive and not much choice..more so the all-season/winter kind..but some say you could in theory get away with 205/40 too...but I don't know about that one.

However if you are getting separate rims for winters, you 'may' be able to go down size wise, to something like 195/50 R16 or even 185/60 R15 (have a look what other sizes the 'lesser' Ibiza's have), but I'm not sure about any implications on if you speedo will be off or not.

18. farrar

farrar Full Member

I’ve currently got 4 Michelin cross climate tyres on my
    Leon and I powered up a snow covered hill this morning that my neighbour in his Ateca was struggling on. If you can get them in the Ibiza size they are well worth it.

#18 farrar, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  19. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

Picking mine up tomorrow! Can’t wait

20. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

Brand new car. Brand new Summer tyres not even scrubbed in. Snow and ice. Personally, I'd delay it a few days.