March 1st 2018

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I test drove an FR with 17" wheels. Although it was firm it was still very comfortable, it wasn't like you felt every small bump in the road. I don't know what the 18" wheels are like, probably firmer but I don't know by how much.

Looking forward to picking up mine with 17" on Tuesday :D

Good job I opted for the alcantara then ;)

The SE was good, it had the 5" screen in though which was awful IMO.. the supsension was confortable.... only thing am worried about on the FR.... although it will be a lot more comfortable than the 197 :rofl:

I find the Fr suspension to be very good, get a good feel for the road. The 8inch touchscreen is really good, fast and crisp picture quality.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I bet it really lifts the interior, and for the price is (was) a no brainer. Disappointed ours was built without it, but I’ll seldom drive it so will manage. The sunroof really brightens the interior, and is draft free at 40/50 mph. Didn’t leave it open at higher speeds...it is still only March! We’ve not got the beats audio upgrade; the standard system sounds fine. I do wish I’d ordered the wireless charging thing: it’s exactly where you’d leave your phone, so why not!

Shame about your alcantara. I was going to get a sunroof but never really saw myself using it. I’ve got thr beats audio, and whilsf I didnt hear the orginal, for someone who is young and into house, the bass is definitely good. :D

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
On dipped beam they’re on a par with the LEDs in the A3 I think, though they don’t appear to have headlamp washers? Mainbeam is disappointing I think; barely brighter than dipped. Though, to be fair, the front of ours had got fairly dirty so perhaps not representative :lol:

Worth emphasing how supportive the seats in the FR are; despite not having lumbar or an extendable squab I got out after 272 miles without so much of a twinge. The driving position is pretty good :)

Haven’t managed to get the cruise control to increase/decrease in anything less than 5mph increments, and can’t find how many miles it’s done in total - just the mileage since the trip was reset. It is averaging 43 mpg though, which seems fair given its age and use so far!

Coming from someone who has only ever had halogen to the LEDs on the ibiza I think it’s amazing. Used the full beam properly earlier, really lights up everything. I suppose if you have two cars and switch often with a car with brighter LEDs you’d notice a difference. But for someone like me they’re a must, I’ve never seen so much light in darkness. Not to mention the awesome aesthetics they add to the fronf.

BigO

Mar 5, 2018
Anyone ordered the FR in eclipse orange? I'd love to see some pictures day/night.

Thanks

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
I find the Fr suspension to be very good, get a good feel for the road. The 8inch touchscreen is really good, fast and crisp picture quality.

I’d add to that that the Ibiza’s ride on 18”wheels is much better than the heavier A3. Bumps and potholes are far less noticeable, and dealt with much better, and the handling is just as crisp, if not better. Where it falls slightly behind is road and general background noise, but it was less than half the price so I can forgive it that :) And it’s no noisier than our fabric roofed BMW 2 series convertible!

Looozzz

Jan 21, 2018
Anyone ordered the FR in eclipse orange? I'd love to see some pictures day/night.

Thanks
I have! :)
60ee862266754be14e7d8d7c8a1282c1.jpg
52eeeed7d52f0100ca6475b88373fda1.jpg
968dba5e96e70bc1cc5eea4a3653603f.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Ours is also a DG18xxx. Johnson’s Liverpool by any chance? Who was your sales guy. Lee sorted our ours; he did a brilliant job :)

The orange looks great - it’s a real shame the bi-colour 17” wheels aren’t available on the FR; I reckon they’d really suit that colour :)

Looozzz

Jan 21, 2018
Ours is also a DG18xxx. Johnson’s Liverpool by any chance? Who was your sales guy. Lee sorted our ours; he did a brilliant job :)

The orange looks great - it’s a real shame the bi-colour 17” wheels aren’t available on the FR; I reckon they’d really suit that colour :)
No mine was Seat in Crewe :)! Strange how it's the same!

I love the orange so glad I chose it! The sales guy didn't even know that the FR was available in eclipse orange, he had to check with his manager! It had only just been announced when I ordered back in November :) I'm definitely going to buy some wheels for it!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
So I collected my Ibiza FR 95 today... it was a long 3 hours wait at the dealers as VW/Seat finance were on a serious back log due to the recent bad weather... me and another chap from Glasgow collecting his Ibiza got talking..... not sure if he is a member on here?

So I drove the car 22 miles back home and spent a good amount of time sat in the car messing with everything. I will list the pros and cons of the car from my perspective...

Pros

1. the alcantara seats are very nice, really lift the quality of the interior IMO.

2. The LED headlights are fantastic, very bright indeed and I am comparing them to Mercedes E Class LED headlights!

3. the 8" screen is fantastic, very crisp and clear. Best screen I have seen to date.

4. Overall a lovely car to drive.

5. Paintwork is stunning in the right light.

Cons

1. The ride is slighty firmer than I had hoped but I am sure it's just a matter of getting used to it.

2. Quite a bit of tyre noise coming into the cabin, the tyres are Nexen which I thought were cheapo tyres but they might be alright.

3. It annoys me that the side mirrors dont fold in unless you keep the lock button held down.

4. The Desire Red paintwork is much darker in real life, maybe I spent too long looking at pictures online that show it in the Spanish sunshine!

5. Air re-circulation doesnt operate on all air direction modes
74545799205623a52cf0aecf5943973a.jpg
5ee68eee0dd2e388402917fdd8e9e8ee.jpg
84b6b12d6f30d87989686ad9c6e11ec2.jpg
6a735bd3966dc95e818d0ee6cbc39edb.jpg
d34a27bec42b689a155fe832fc515c0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jas24

Oct 10, 2017
3. It annoys me that the side mirrors dont fold in unless you keep the lock button held down.

That’s something that you can change - there's an OBDEleven code thread on here if you wanted to do that.

Also enjoy the car! I’m loving mine so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Cons

2. Quite a bit of tyre noise coming into the cabin, the tyres are Nexen which I thought were cheapo tyres but they might be alright.

5. Air re-circulation doesnt operate on all air direction modes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Interesting that you got those tryers. Mine came with bridgestone ones, don’t seem cheap.
The air recirculating, could you tell us more about that? I havent seen any problems with mine, and I’m using the dual zone controls so it’s electric

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Interesting that you got those tryers. Mine came with bridgestone ones, don’t seem cheap.
The air recirculating, could you tell us more about that? I havent seen any problems with mine, and I’m using the dual zone controls so it’s electric

Hmmmmm, thats strange you got Bridgestone! Maybe as mine is the 95bhp model with 17" they only need a certain requirment of tyre :confused:

I have the manual climate control but after checking the manual it's correct... when the air distribution is in defrost mode re-circulation is automatically turned off... never noticed that on other cars before.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Hmmmmm, thats strange you got Bridgestone! Maybe as mine is the 95bhp model with 17" they only need a certain requirment of tyre :confused:

I have the manual climate control but after checking the manual it's correct... when the air distribution is in defrost mode re-circulation is automatically turned off... never noticed that on other cars before.

Oh is that bad?

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
On dipped beam they’re on a par with the LEDs in the A3 I think, though they don’t appear to have headlamp washers? Mainbeam is disappointing I think; barely brighter than dipped. Though, to be fair, the front of ours had got fairly dirty so perhaps not representative :lol:

An update on this, having (a) cleaned the headlights now I know they don’t have washers and (b) driven on some properly dark roads... main beam is not as bad as I thought at first; still subjectively not as bright as an Audi, Merc or BMW, and with a less clearly defined beam pattern. But it’s much better than my initial impressions!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise