marshall power racer II Tyres - any good

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
Went to the tyre place the other day to try and get the tracking sorted,

As all us LCR owners know the car pulls to the left like a bitch!
Whilst there, they pointed out the wear on the one side of the tyre was illegal, and the only ones they had in stock were these power racer II marshalls

are they any good?
begining to regret not doing my research on them first.
The obvious way is to drive like a twat to find out, but the guy said to go easy on them for the first 200 miles to let them wear in so they last longer.
If they are crap i'd rather take them off now and sell **.

also, does anyone else have issues with such uneven tyre wear?

amccan10

Feb 16, 2007
Wishaw
never even heard of them. Personally I wouldn't use a brand that i've never heard of

edit:

just did a quick search, they're also known as marshall 719. a wee bit about them on mytyres, seem to be economy korean tyres. not the stuff i'd be putting on a lcr

Last edited:

D20vt

Sep 17, 2006
i would go for rubber in stead of plastic.
Marshall is very hard compound tire, crap in the rain, only positive is that they really last long because of the hard compound
I've had them, and never want them again

grtz Dennis

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
i did a google and it said they are quite fast wearing

not much about them though

.... i'm not happy with the comments though, was hoping you'd all say they are good!

might stick them on the rear and put the Hankook Ventus' that are currently on the rear on the front.... sound like a good idea?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
might stick them on the rear and put the Hankook Ventus' that are currently on the rear on the front.... sound like a good idea?

You should always have your best tyres on the rear. You can control and correct the front easily, but you can't with the rear.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
thanks Rob

Ok, i've let the tyres wear in a bit and decided to throw the car around a familiar corner on my work route.
It was raining so a good test in the wet

The verdict......Lets just say i needed a new change of pants!
Luckily i've got 2 spare 18" rims with some decent part worn tyres on.
I'll use these shite as backups incase i'm skint next time i need new tyres

Lesson learnt!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.