May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Last edited:

CandyWight

1.2tsi 5dr Ibiza Sport
Jun 23, 2011
Isle of Wight
Pretty shocking that. We were watching it and the OH turned over because nothing much was happening in the race and then he turned back on and there had been a massive pile up. We've been glued to the telly ever since. So sad that he died, but he was doing what he loved.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
RIP Dan Wheldon

I switched over well after the race had been stopped, seemed ominous the way they were talking and it ended in the worst possible outcome and I still finding myself emotional over it. One of my old jobs involved working software support and Dans Dad was the owner of One of the customers we supported, so for some reason it feels closer to home than it should

Thoughts are with his family

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Looks like that scene from Final Destination rather than a proper race. You can tell that there's absolutely nothing they can do, even trying to brake would probably put them in more danger.

I just hope that the health and safety guys realise that this is a terrifying but extremely rare accident, and that the racing will be allowed to continue.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
from what i heard listening to the coverage the safety is beign improved for next season, but as someone said its come far too late in this situation

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
Seems like a few people have said this could be indycar's Senna event, something of such a tragic impact to the sport that it forces them to making major safety changes. Just a shame it normally takes something like this for it to happen

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise