**massive Slate**

Status
Not open for further replies.

_weeman_

Revo Technik/Drivers Glasgow

Myself and Mr Eck went through to Drivers this morning to have my Ibiza "Revo'd", it was going well hangover and all. The guy took the car away, done his thing I payed him the £478 for his thirty minutes work. As we left I felt very little difference in the car so much so I set upon another journey to Falkland Performance for a power run. the results made me sick. Revo claim my car should make 170bhp and 280lbft, however the chap told me it was usually higher than this, think again, look below for the proof.

the top pic is before the remap, almost standard a month ago, the bottom is after the remap today, 180bhp pal eh??

Mar03_03.jpg

I don't usually express my views like this however I feel Revo and Drivers as a company and you as a customer deserve it, again SLATE

_weeman_

Been Back In Touch They Took There Map Back Off And Put Mine Back On, Returning My Money, As Far As Im Aware There Is Nothing Wrong With The Car Ie Sensors Etc As Nothing Shows Up On The Diag And After The Map Was Taken Off It Ran A 144 Bhp Power Run

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
There's obviously something wrong somewhere. Revo is tried and trusted and normally gives good power figures.

At least they acknowledged the problem and gave you your money back, until you know where the fault lies (could well be with your car) I wouldn't be too hasty in slating them.

_weeman_

please read the post. the fault lies within the mapping.
1. car in standard form-145bhp
2.car after Revo-152bhp
3.car returned to standard-144bhp

the car is a 130 pd, therefor making 144 bhp standard would imply to me there is know faults with the car, also as i wanted to be on the safe side i checked the car on 5052 for faults, none found, then on the road in measure value blocks, boost pressure and air mass readings etc were checked and are within spec. anything i havent covered??

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
congratulations on showing a total lack of knowledge prior to jumping in feet first and proving you know squat about TDi's & especially tuned ones.

do some searching on 'dyno lottery' and wind your neck in

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
you've not provided any information via logs before & after

all you've done is show a picture of a dyno plot (notoriously inaccurate beasts)

your 1st plot looks terrible, the mapped plot looks at least the right shape

I would hazard a guess & say your car isn't right..... (really, just look at that 1st plot & tell me that it looks normal)

inexperienced dyno operator (no, or limited VAG tdi experience)

_weeman_

i doubt its limited experience chief, ive worked on pd's since 2000

_weeman_

and as your so experienced how can the car be checked further??

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
with your 7 years experience you'll know that your std dyno plot is "****"

and since you're trying to be so f*cking clever, you can work it out yourself... with your 7 years experience and all.

but since you're probably just some spanner monkey in a grease pit.....

try looking for boost leaks, MAF logs, boost deviation and inlet temps.

_weeman_

all of the above have been checked, also even if the graph is ****, which as you said doesnt matter, how can the car produce over 140 bhp with any of the faults you've listed?? and also, if you read the first post, there was something not right with the car as soon as i left the workshop, no rr required.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
then I suggest you're wrong

your 1st 'std' dyno plot is lumpy & cannot be smooth to drive

if you're saying it drives without fault, then you have to think.....

I'll be honest - I don't think you know what you're looking for...

can you post up your before, during and after logs?

or did you just fault code scan?

Oct 12, 2005
I have nothing but praise for revo. I had my leon fr tdi revod and got 183bhp which i think is good(rrd lot etc). I am currently in the process of getting my ibiza cupra done and trust revo for reliabilty etc even thought most peole say go for custom map!

_weeman_

then I suggest you're wrong

your 1st 'std' dyno plot is lumpy & cannot be smooth to drive

if you're saying it drives without fault, then you have to think.....

I'll be honest - I don't think you know what you're looking for...

can you post up your before, during and after logs?

or did you just fault code scan?

fault scan was carried out, guided fault finding. no fault found. then as i said the car was checked on the road using measure value blocks, if this is the log your talking about you can whistle for it as it is a constanly changing measurement, but you'd know that?? and yes the first graph could be operator error as i have never seen the guy there before, now as ive answered all your questions can you answer mine. whith the faults you have listed how is it possible to make so much power?? also you say the graph is better in the second one, mapping cannot compensate for a dodgy sensor, it would still be lumpy

_weeman_

I have nothing but praise for revo. I had my leon fr tdi revod and got 183bhp which i think is good(rrd lot etc). I am currently in the process of getting my ibiza cupra done and trust revo for reliabilty etc even thought most peole say go for custom map!

yes this is why i went for revo, there is nothing but praise for them, however the car felt the same before and after the remap, slightly more pull and a bit more freely revving, but thats it, nothing spectacular

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Not being funny weeman but m0rk and the guys on here know shitloads about this stuff and can tell crap maps and stuff from the dyno plot. Unfortunately Dynos do vastily vary from garage to garage. What was the garage that did the map for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise