Matt's MK2 FR - Lowered / New alloys

[M]ike

Oct 9, 2013
Under the sea
Keeping an eye on this thread. Nice ride Matt. Just got myself a Cupra last week and also want to lower it a bit. Just sits too high as it is now. Need to fill out the arches. Cant wait to see the resault with the Eibachs.

Curtiz

Aug 24, 2011
Northern Ireland, Belfast
Just realised from your first post where you work :) I can see your car from my bedroom when its parked there lol! Always looks clean, new wheels and springs will look fantastic on it. Good luck with white wheels though, I swore never again lol

CJcupra

Jan 11, 2013
Surrey
New Alloys:

image_zps28d7746d.jpeg

Facelift Cupra Alloys. Need a little touch up here and there but no major marks.
Going to get them fitted next Saturday along with the lowering springs :)
C&C welcome.

Forgot to mention with the sale; when you have them touched up, you must send them back to me :p

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
[M]ike;4301917 said:
Keeping an eye on this thread. Nice ride Matt. Just got myself a Cupra last week and also want to lower it a bit. Just sits too high as it is now. Need to fill out the arches. Cant wait to see the resault with the Eibachs.
Thanks dude. Yeah was looking at your RR, your Cupra is lovely! Plan is to upgrade to a facelift Cupra after a while 'when insurance drops' lol. Yeah it sits way too high, they're crying out to be lowered!

Just realised from your first post where you work :) I can see your car from my bedroom when its parked there lol! Always looks clean, new wheels and springs will look fantastic on it. Good luck with white wheels though, I swore never again lol
Haha, Yeah I worked in Podium for almost 5years. I've just recently left though so no more seeing my pretty car :p.. Yeah im sure it'll look much better with everything fitted, maybe need some spacers next! I had white alloys on my Clio and said the same but what can you do, just looks soo good :p

Forgot to mention with the sale; when you have them touched up, you must send them back to me :p
Hahaha, you so funnie :p :). Thanks again dude.
Cheers :)

Last edited:

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Loving the seat, can i just ask how hard was the newer climate control panel to fit?

I've got an 08 57 plate Fr and would live to change the climate panel for one like yours, was it just plug and play?

Did everything work fine once fitted?

Cheers

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Loving the seat, can i just ask how hard was the newer climate control panel to fit?

I've got an 08 57 plate Fr and would live to change the climate panel for one like yours, was it just plug and play?

Did everything work fine once fitted?

Cheers

Thanks. It was actually really easy to replace, take radio out then like 4torque screws to remove the climate control, 2 facing you and 2 under neath the climate control unit.

I just plugged it in and it worked right away, the only thing mine doesnt have is memory. So example it always starts at 22 on each side no matter what, even if I was in the car the night before and it was on 30 it'll still go back to 22 when its turned off.
No biggy though doesnt really bother me :)..

Defiantly a cool upgrade!

Last edited:

Mr&MrsS

Jul 23, 2013
AMPTHILL
super nice subtle upgrades,especially the heater control panel and clock surround.
firstly,where the hell do you get that from and how much??

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
super nice subtle upgrades,especially the heater control panel and clock surround.
firstly,where the hell do you get that from and how much??

Thanks.
Haha glad everyone likes it. I picked it up from eBay for a decent price. Probably taking between £60/£100 I believe EBay/breakers/stealers - and don't forget Dave@sere. Hope this helps :)

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Im very tempted to do this up climate upgrade now, especially if its plug and play.one of my main bug bares is that the climate & stereo just look so dated in my model and to me it bring down the interior, I've started looking on fleebay seems that I'll need to source the climate control & front panel separately thou.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Im very tempted to do this up climate upgrade now, especially if its plug and play.one of my main bug bares is that the climate & stereo just look so dated in my model and to me it bring down the interior, I've started looking on fleebay seems that I'll need to source the climate control & front panel separately thou.

It's an easy upgrade, the hardest bit is finding all the parts to match lol.. 10min job to remove and refit.
Yeah I hated the standard radio, sucked B*lls!

Mr&MrsS

Jul 23, 2013
AMPTHILL
:cry:thanks for the heads up,better get in quick as i can see that all the old seats will be equiping the new dash lol

Curtiz

Aug 24, 2011
Northern Ireland, Belfast
Haha, Yeah I worked in Podium for almost 5years. I've just recently left though so no more seeing my pretty car :p.. Yeah im sure it'll look much better with everything fitted, maybe need some spacers next! I had white alloys on my Clio and said the same but what can you do, just looks soo good :p

Haha, I went to Café Rojo for lunch today with my mum and she said 'theres a nice blue seat that's usually here', no joke lol! For my mum to notice a car, you're doing something right :p. New wheels will look fantastic, as much of a pain white is, it usually looks great. Looking forward to the updates

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Haha, I went to Café Rojo for lunch today with my mum and she said 'theres a nice blue seat that's usually here', no joke lol! For my mum to notice a car, you're doing something right :p. New wheels will look fantastic, as much of a pain white is, it usually looks great. Looking forward to the updates

Haha, thats class!
Your mum has good taste! Yeah, hoping to fit them next week, fingers crossed!

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Well got the Eibach Springs fitted there on Saturday.
Happy with how shes now sitting, much nicer!
Couple of snaps after Sunday wash:
IMG_8875_zpsf05a490d.jpg

IMG_8877_zpsa78228d2.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.