Matt's MK2 FR - Lowered / New alloys

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
That's the best side on pics you could manage. You need slapped lol.

Get those 18s on it now.

In the narrow drive way yes lol. Hasn't moved since I've washed it, just sat there all day.
My alloys are 18's anyway you balloon lol, though I guess you're referring to the new alloys, yeah hoping next Saturday!

DBH

May 13, 2007
Leighton Buzzard
Well got the Eibach Springs fitted there on Saturday.
Happy with how shes now sitting, much nicer!
Couple of snaps after Sunday wash:
IMG_8875_zpsf05a490d.jpg

IMG_8877_zpsa78228d2.jpg

I really need to see a good side profile Matt, but it does look a nice drop. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Looks really nice Matt. Very nose down though. Also very clean…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, yeah was hoping for a little more low's at the rear but what can you do.

Thought I was seeing double there :D . Was on RMS earlier and seen these. Love the blue and of course the car as well :)
Lol yeah Mattvtecyo would be me on RMS :). Thanks!

So much better, looking good!
Thanks

Looks superb mat, when's the wheels goin on??? I have to say tho those ones would look great in white as well.
Thanks dude, keep saying next week lol. If I can afford it ill get them fitted between Thursday/Saturday..
Really? Im not too keen on the standard alloys tbh.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
I like the look of the drop you've got with the sportline springs, but i think 50mm will be to much for a family car.

So im thinking Eiback pro kit which drops around 30mm which is a nice comparmise and should avoid the misses giving me an ear full over ruining the ride quailty...

Are they a hard ride lowered 50mm?

I've also been looking @ Apex springs as apposed to Eibachs, i've been quoted £90 + vat for fitting..

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I like the look of the drop you've got with the sportline springs, but i think 50mm will be to much for a family car.

So im thinking Eiback pro kit which drops around 30mm which is a nice comparmise and should avoid the misses giving me an ear full over ruining the ride quailty...

I've also been looking @ Apex springs as apposed to Eibachs, i've been quoted £90 + vat for fitting..

Since your car is pre fl it's is likely that the sportlines will actually be more comfortable than the standard suspension, a lot less crashy.

If you can find good reviews about the Apex springs then go for them, but don't do it just to save £80. Most people on here go for sportlines or H&R sprigs. I had sportlines on my old leon but my current car has AP coil overs.

N Jardine

Apr 2, 2009
Northern Ireland

I had sportlines in my old black leon. I also use my cars for the family. In my opinion sportlines are the best bet. Never had any issues with them and I had them in the car for the four years that I owned it. Also no issues with speed bumps etc. In my opinion you would be wasting your money on the pro kit. Hope this makes your mind up

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Maybe sportlines it is then, I must admit the ride on mine DOES feel hard and a bit crashy now!!!!

Which is why I was worried about moving over to sportlines as I though that they would be harder still, if there'll be the same or even better I mite just mite have a chance of getting the wife to agree.I had sportlines on my old A3 TDI and the ride was HARD and I got 4 years of ear ache so don't want to go down that road again ha ha......

I've found Sportlines ( is that 50mm front 45mm rear drop???? ) for £185.00 + £90 + vat for fitting....how much is 4 wheel alignment?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Cars looking great Matt, love everything you've done. Given me some inspiration to throw some cash at mine.

Will be nice when the cupra wheels go on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.