matts r- t e c h stage2 lcr ( new parts for next stage for car) forged rods :)

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
i know wht u mean throttle bein different i took it back to amd after they did stage 2 and didnt seem right they said the map was fine and it was getin the right boost it was askin for and the blamed the lack of power at topend on the cooler and apexi witch iv changed now but car still dont feel right but i aint gone back again yet

i havent got vcds i got the cable and downloaded it off net but the cable wanted install on window7
dont know anyone with it either tht know how to log

matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Hi Matt. Good looking car like it. Best colour. :)

There seems to be a lot of people affected by this surge problem, afaik the only fix is for it to be adjusted in the mapping with stage 2??? I might be wrong though.

cheers james the car is amd stage 2 and to b fair it drove nicer on there stage 1 map

matt

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
What area you from dude? I have the AMD stage 2 map so if your close we can see the difference and also run some logs on yours as I have vcds on my laptop. In all fairness though I do think you need to speak to AMD, explain the issue again and ask them to run the check on the car. They usually good with things like this and have helped several of us including me when it comes to similar things. Best to speak to Ben on the phone and see what he says.

Something obviously isn't right and whether it's a map issue or another issue it needs sorting

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
im from suffolk mate

yea had them check it and they said it was fine and the fmic and air filter was causing a restiction in the high rpm so iv changed them but still no differance.

might try reseting the ecu again so if it adapts out tried before with no luck i will contact them again if still no change to get them to look over it again it just avin the time to get down there

matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Which fmic do you have now?

Strange how you still have the problem but there's maybe a bottle neck in your system somewhere or it's overboosting. Could be faulty maf, check the N75 connector plug also and the wires to it make sure they are ok.

Mine has vanished since I fitted the new N75, car pulls really well now.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Got the big Toyosport welly cooler as some people know it.

Iv check pipe work there no kinks it the hoses. Just find a brand new n75 from seat the same one as u fitted Tom

It could b the maf amd said it was fine it read 209 gs when they looked at the car before I changed the filter and cooler but ain't had any logs done since the changes as I haven't got vcds

Matt

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Does the N75 part number end in E? This is the one I have now. Old one ends in F.

Think you mean 309bhp and not g/s as airflow g/s will be more like 220 g/s or so I've forgotten the calculation to work out bhp from g/s, but yeah, might be best to get some logs done.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Yea it a e one and replace the f one tht was on there

I ment 209gs not 309 now edited it

209 is 261bhp if u work it out

Matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Seems low for a stage 2 mate, have you replace the MAF?

Had a pressure test done on the car for boost leaks?

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Never changed the maf amd said tht 209 wasn't to bad for stage 2. Not had it tested for leaks there isn't any codes on the car for leak

Matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Never changed the maf amd said tht 209 wasn't to bad for stage 2. Not had it tested for leaks there isn't any codes on the car for leak

Matt

Some of the smaller leaks might not show up mate.

My faulty MAF pulled 206 g/s when logged at AmD. Replaced it and car defo pulled harder again. Top end always felt weird until I replaced it and the N75.

Hope you sort it mate.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
El has email me something to try and get vcds workin for me I'll try tht at weekend if I av no luck think I'll b goin back down amd to get them to check the map.

Matt

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I know what surge is :rolleyes:

Chill, I wasn't suggesting that you didn't. I pointed the article out because when I was doing some research on this I came across it and thought it maybe made some sense. I thought it might be worth seeing if you had any thoughts on it, if you're just going to dismiss it then I wish I hadn't bothered.

Sorry for spamming your thread, Matt. Hope you get this sorted.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Just a little something I'm sure it's not to everyones tast lol

d045b61c.jpg

c65cf74f.jpg

Also got this off eBay just need some wire to wire it up and some vac hose and a oil temp sensor to get it all workin.

13f92261.jpg

Matt

Laggo

May 13, 2011
Linconshire
hi mate loving the car and the tow hook, if ya dont mind me asking where did you get it? ive been looking everywhere for a decent one but had no look cheers.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Got my gauges fitted yesterday I'm happy with them for the price

Car on idle it about 15 vac and when in gear drivin and let off throttle it about 20 vac

Car peak boost is 20psi and holds between 20 -18 psi witch I thought was abit low being stage 2.

fa98e297.jpg

ab54e2d8.jpg

Matt

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.