matts r- t e c h stage2 lcr ( new parts for next stage for car) forged rods :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Nice purchases :)

And yeah my SFS tip is taking forever aswell been way over 5 weeks since I ordered, they are sooo slow at making them.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
yea thts the only info i couldfind on here sayin lossen the sub frame so can get the old dp out

yea tom bin wait since mid noverber for my tip

any other mods i should do before going stage 2 i will b doin the upper boost hoses

matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Not really matt, tbh connecting rods are a weak point when running higher torque but you don' HAVE TO DO these. But it's something worth thinking about.

Upper hoses are a good one and any other silicone hoses you can. Check out the forge website for engine bay hoses, they make uprated versions of most of the 'prone to fail' hoses.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
well done most of the vac hoses done the dv hose and n75 hose will av the tip soon and will get the upper boost hose soon only other hose i can think of doin is the one of the turbo to charge pipe

yea i know the con rods r best to up rate as r prone to bending from high torque il b saving to get them done at some point for peice of mind

matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
cheers mate

the rods aint to much to buy its geting them fitted thts the costly bit really so got alot of saving to do lol

matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah the fitting is the killer with the rods bud.

Worth it in the long run. You should be ok at stage 2 just let the car warm up well before booting it.

I'm hoping to get my rods done around summertime, just so much else to buy does my head in, lol.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
how much u bi quoted for rods being fitted out of intrest

yep once u start spending u cant stop lol always something else to do

think i'll go stage 2 the get spacers and anti roll bars to help deal with power

did the dog bone bushs the other day thts help with wheel spin abit in 1st and 2nd in the dry but in wet it still spins up easy in 1,2 and 3rd

matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
300 to buy I think around 7-800 fitted :( lol.

I'm getting the full superpro bushkit once funds have recovered a bit, so hopefully should help out with the handling on mine too. Wheelhop has gone when I fitted the powerflex dogbone bush.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
yea thought about the 1000 mark for rods and fitting

iv fitted both the dogbone bushs and it vibrates the car bad when pullin away and under under 1500 revs but it stoped the wheel hope and dont spin so easy

i'll probly uprate the bushs at some point when done the other bits i want to do

id like to take the car to a few show this year i know it nothing specal but use to do a few shows with my old focus was gd to do and get to see some othe rawesome cars get a few ideas and tht

matt

Last edited:

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Fitted my 3in sfs tip and my 3in dp and sport can can feel the extra power pulls really well only bin for a quick spin will get some pics at some point I'm really pleased with it.

Ready for stage 2 just got to unrate the upper boost pipes then down to amd for stage 2

Matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
b a few months till i get stage 2 map

didmt get any pics when fitting the dp but managed to fit it with out droping the sub frame or cuting the old dp, will get some pics of the sfs 3in tip at the weekend

thinking about changing my cat back as find it to quiet want abit more noise and a bit of pop age lol.

need something to help with wheel spin iv lowered it on kw 50/40 spring and done the dog bone mount but still getin ahugh amount of wheel spin this wet weather aint helping tho

matt

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Nice update mate :)

Car is coming along really well! Enjoy the car as she is until you go stage 2... She'l be breathing alot more air in so there will be extra power on tap for the time being. Stage 2 will feel awesome mate take it from me ;)

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Yea hoping it will make a big difference cars far from slow at the moment hoping for 290 to 300 bhp when stage 2 we ll see tho

Matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yea hoping it will make a big difference cars far from slow at the moment hoping for 290 to 300 bhp when stage 2 we ll see tho

Matt

If the car is healthy running good fuel, decent spark plugs etc then I'm sure it will mate you've got all the right mods in place for stage 2 at around 290+ bhp now. :)

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Well when I had stage 1 done they thought it was already maps it drove so well and pulled so well only had a filter and cat back on it at the time. Want to do my upper boost pipes and maybe change my catback to something abit louder lol then I'll b thinking about bookin it stage2 will give it a service before as well

Matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
couple of pics of the sfs tip fitted

d231d180.jpg

f52fdc06.jpg

31939fe8.jpg

there so much salt on the road the car was wash saturday i did about 60milesin it andlooked like this

0f795fec.jpg

c460cada.jpg

4ab4a416.jpg

fa573260.jpg

so gave it a quick wash couldnt leave it in tht state

eb3ae9af.jpg

e5d650bd.jpg

13cbe23a.jpg

then put it to bed till the weekend out of the ice

8a12b4d3.jpg

matt

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise