Matt's Red Ibiza FR TDI on RHs, with added plywood and plastic :)

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Mod list

Debadged
Pressed Plates
6000k H7R HID’s
Orange sidelights
White interior LEDs
White number plate LEDs
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Main Beam
Wheels painted dark grey
EGR valve flow reducer
Vinyl on front bumper, badge and surround
Stubby aerial
Cupra mirror covers
Lamix and Flyeyes on fog lights - Flyeyes removed
Cupra front wishbone bushes
AP coilovers
25mm front, 30mm rear spacers
Cupra handbrake cover
Gear stick gaiter with red stitching
De-wipered
Black painted calipers
Too many stickers - Removed
Garage door seal front lip/splitter - Replaced
PD160 Intake
Whiteline RARB
TT 312mm brakes
Mk4 Golf Interior Light
De-tangoed front indicators
Catch can
EGR turned down with VAGCOM
Locking Beep enabled
Selective unlocking and auto locks disabled
Sound deadened rear arches and boot
Porsche Oil and Coolant Caps
Alloy washers around engine bay
Honeycombe centre grill
Brodit Phone holder and OBD Bluetooth adapter
RH AG Cup 17x8 with 195/40s/ 235/40s
Rubber bit at top of rear spring cut down, all adjuster bit removed
Rolled/pulled/flared arches
Yellow tinted headlights
Front plate attached with magnets
Pikey Splitter V2
Side strips for colour coded
Polo 9n Side Skirts
Plywood Racecar style splitter
Bolt on arches
256mm vented Rear brakes
CC Tuning Custom Remap, 183bhp / 319lbft with launch control, EGR, ASV, MAF delete

Got it June 2010 - after a good clean:
2wh45jn.jpg

Bit of carbon vinyling:
f24xg8.jpg

RR day at Awesome last Nov + wheels refurbed:
29bkk8g.jpg

am9icm.jpg

dbsb3d.jpg

Last edited:

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Cool tunnel not too far from where I live:
11bta28.jpg

xarog3.jpg

Got coilovers fitted 2 weeks ago after chickening out of fitting them myself after it took me about 5 hours to do the first wishbone bush (other side was faster!):
160ejip.jpg

Just after sunset up on the moors - HDR:

2e2e9nd.jpg

Playing with light trails:
25ujhbb.jpg

Last edited:

The LowLife

Looks wicked mate!! Was you at awesome like 2 weeks ago? If so I was the guy you met, I had the black fr.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Nice car you have there, liking the colour of the wheels. Also, the ride height looks spot on, hate it when people have the tyre overlapping the arch. What coils did you go for?

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Looks wicked mate!! Was you at awesome like 2 weeks ago? If so I was the guy you met, I had the black fr.

Yeh it was! did you get an air filter sorted?

Nice car you have there, liking the colour of the wheels. Also, the ride height looks spot on, hate it when people have the tyre overlapping the arch. What coils did you go for?

Thanks! APs and they are all the way down with the adjuster rings in at the back then front just below level. I was impressed how much difference it made to handling I love it now, lots more stable and seems to get the power down better. Also have 20mm spacers

Wind deflectors will probably be the next thing I get not sure between SERE and Team Heko ones :think:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Yeh it was! did you get an air filter sorted?

Thanks! APs and they are all the way down with the adjuster rings in at the back then front just below level. I was impressed how much difference it made to handling I love it now, lots more stable and seems to get the power down better. Also have 20mm spacers

Wind deflectors will probably be the next thing I get not sure between SERE and Team Heko ones :think:

how do you find the ride compared to standard fr suspension. I'm getting fed up of being rag dolled everywhere ha ha.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
how do you find the ride compared to standard fr suspension. I'm getting fed up of being rag dolled everywhere ha ha.

No harsher! :) even the gf agreed and she isn't trying to persuade herself it was the right thing to do haha at least it looks good while being shaken. I don't think an ibiza and smooth ride go together although I see mention of airbags on here lol

Cupra bushes made it much harder which I did a few weeks before the coilovers. But definately a worthwhile mod to tighten up the front, it was a bit wobbily before.

I've only scraped what I guess is the undertray (as oppose to the arch) twice so far both times in national speed limit where there was a little dip in the road that wasn't obvious.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Got some wind deflectors, new tyres and I got bored of the Polo wiper so took it off:
142rf5z.jpg

2eyay49.jpg

Trying to rid the car of swirls by hand isn't easy, may have to get my hands on a machine polisher or get something like Poorboys Black Hole / MarkV Dazzle / BH Auto Balm that covers them up instead of removing all together:

bit swirly still :(
2r3fk9l.jpg

My lamin-x was peeling off the edges so I heated the edges of the lamin-x up a lot first and then put a layer of fly-eyes over and no more peeling although it doesnt quite look as good.
zwdok0.jpg

Also orded a few stickers which will be on when they have all arrived :)

Last edited:

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Had the big service this week 60k! only had 34k when I got it last June.

+ new rear discs and pads

I've painted the non contact bits to try and minimize potential corrosion and I got tired of the yellow brakes so they got a coat of black too, also gave the arches a clean while I had the wheels off:
il96j5.jpg

555c0h.jpg

Found out I'll be driving to Le Mans this year instead of being a passenger in Dad's Caterham, so here's a quick chop of my planned stickering:
1zdc9c7.jpg

Will probably get a circuit with text inside sticker for the front and one for the rear aswell

M Bizzle

Shhe's a beaut mate,

I'm looking at an FR TDI for my next car and I think these pics sealed the deal for me!

again, really nice dude!

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Few trips for the Ibiza this Summer!

went on a cheeky trip to the lake district:
oat07b.jpg

Went to Le Mans, stickered up some more for the occasion:
2aje5y1.jpg

50039c.jpg

Got a sweet camp pitch right by the track:
352kh1v.jpg

My favourite spots from the trip:
2ezgx1c.jpg

2h5k65c.jpg

I've now removed the Le Mans stickers and the squares from the bonnet, boot and side but left the fuel cap as a little momento :)

Been toying with the idea of a splitter but wanted something a bit different to the lcr one so last week I picked up an Espace splitter and had a spare 30mins today for a trial fit:
ddnfo7.jpg

2wq5xg9.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with it initally fits okay at the sides but will need cutting in the middle, I just need to get some plastic self taping screws and a spare hour or two! then I may try to fill the join and some of the other scuffs on it and PlastiDip spray it all

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010

I miss the extra little bit of lowness from having all camping gear in so may be taking out the adjuster ring at the rear to see how it sits then. If it's too low I will make shim for under the adjuster cup, ideally I'd like about another 0.5 - 1cm of drop all round keeping the front down look.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
I made some custom spacers for the rear springs as I wanted lower, but with the adjuster ring out it sits on/over the tyre a bit too much especially with people in:
12img2011092100220.jpg

51img2011092100230.jpg

12unled1.jpg

th183035.jpg

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
I got bored of the fake carbon wrap

Took the centre grill out to make fitting new stuff a bit easier:
80img2011102200005.jpg

Old:
34img2011102200007.jpg

Impressed how well it came off being on for a year!
61img2011102200008.jpg

I vinyled that and the number plate bit the same colour as my wheels :)

Next....

New purchase :) Amazon USA about £5 + £5 shipping (or £25 on english ebay!)
http://www.amazon.com/Frost-G9-Rubber-Garage-Bottom/dp/B00011KLH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319398571&sr=8-1

+ B and M - £1
63img2011102300013.jpg

Together:
66img2011102300014.jpg

+ my front bumper :)
11img2011102300015a.jpg

What do you think?

Proper pics to come :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.