Matt's Red Ibiza FR TDI on RHs, with added plywood and plastic :)

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Great time with Ibiza fwends at Springfest, here are pictures I found on Facebook:

rqho.jpg

9v9m.jpg

ugx3x.jpg

py2m.jpg

qp3v.jpg

4jmj.jpg

kpxgl.jpg

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Loved your RR. The Fr is top notch. Good effort!!!

I absolutely love your custom center grill. Where did you get that actual badge from?

Thanks, sorry missed your post it's from a Toledo boot

Cool photo to start!

web.jpg

Had a new set of tyres as the Maxxis wore out on the inside edges, took them off to find they had a weird egg all round the shoulder on the inside [:shocking:] so I'm glad that I had ordered some different one Hankook K107 S1 Evo this time. They feel a lot better than the Maxxis, but they're are a little wider (still 195/40 officially)...

So 4 people is now a bit of a problem (luckily only rim protector rubbed and no burnt paint)

web.jpg

Also got myself a snowfoam lance :)

web.jpg

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Lovely car mate just spent best part of an hour reading full thread :) keep up the good work

Thanks nice to know people like it! :)

Some changes coming in 2015, here's a sneak peak of one of them:

web.jpg

Last edited:

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Did a bit of spring cleaning under the bonnet, removed the yellow and tinted the corners orange:
web.jpg

Won't look like this for long though!
web.jpg

I'd had a few pipes pop off and found that taking my foglight out had reduced my max intake temperature from 90 to 70 oC so this setup should fix that and give me a couple more bhp too!

Unfortunatly on the way to work before picking up the kit some moron swerved onto my side of the road round a parked car and smashed my mirror cover :( They didn't stop but I got them on my dashcam so grassed them up to the old bill haha
web.jpg

Stuck my FR covers back on and spent the bank holiday weekend in Brighton:
web.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

carl0s

Jun 9, 2015
Absolutely loving this car!

I take it you are still running on APs after a few years and with the miles you do I'm impressed! How does the ride compare to standard?

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Absolutely loving this car!

I take it you are still running on APs after a few years and with the miles you do I'm impressed! How does the ride compare to standard?

APs were definitly better than standard when I first fitted them, wound all the way down but with all the adjusters etc in. (no helpers on these).

It's not great now, I'd guess I'd done about 80k on them so they are probably getting tired and they having taken out everything aside from the spring them are running lower than they were designed to be. Part of the problem running this low is if I'm going a moderate speed (as low as 20-30mph) with much crown to it it will scrape the subframe :clown:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
APs were definitly better than standard when I first fitted them, wound all the way down but with all the adjusters etc in. (no helpers on these).

It's not great now, I'd guess I'd done about 80k on them so they are probably getting tired and they having taken out everything aside from the spring them are running lower than they were designed to be. Part of the problem running this low is if I'm going a moderate speed (as low as 20-30mph) with much crown to it it will scrape the subframe :clown:

You had issues with mot and no helper springs in?

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
You had issues with mot and no helper springs in?

APs don't have helpers, the spring is non linear instead

At the rear it needs the rubber top bit to the spring in just to make sure they don't wiggle when jacked up . They usually fall instead the spring a week or two after refitting as I cut them down from 10mm to 5mm thick

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
APs don't have helpers, the spring is non linear instead

At the rear it needs the rubber top bit to the spring in just to make sure they don't wiggle when jacked up . They usually fall instead the spring a week or two after refitting as I cut them down from 10mm to 5mm thick

Sorry I read your previous post wrong. I get what you mean. Stance on this is perfect Matt!

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Fitted the cooler, lots of noise now and massively reduced my intake temperatures , having a service in 2 weeks time then will be popping along to CC-Tuning for a dyno run and map tweak if needed and to map out the EML as I've removed the MAF and the ASV

Dubfiction:
web.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members