Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Maximum size alloys for a 1.2 Mk4?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by Chris_a_73, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Chris_a_73

Chris_a_73 1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07

I was planning to purchase some new alloys, as frankly mine are a bit....boring?

[​IMG]

I was having a conversation with my brother about sizes, and when he bought his 16" Team Dynamic alloys, he was told generally to aim for 16", as any higher to could put unnecessary risk on the gearbox. Is this correct?

Added to that, what do I need to know, in terms of correct measurements, to directly fit my Mk4 Ibiza Ref. Sport? I just let a gorgeous set of alloys go on ebay (SO tempted to bid) but really didn't want to risk it without knowing they would fit :doh:

I believe the Ibiza has PCD of 5x100, but what else would I require the wheels to be?

Cheers :D

2. techie

techie Skoda Techie

Physically 18s will fit, however not the best route imho

16s wil do fine id say, have a look about on ebay for second hand wheels. Something like a nice set of refurbed A3 Sport wheels (5x100) would look perfect.

3. Chris_a_73

I just found a lovely set of BMW 3 series wheels, and they finally went for £200 with tyres, and no marks (blimmin bargain!)... Is there anything else I need to know, aside from being 5x100 ??

I love the aesthetics of anything like Cupra/Skoda vRS, generally 5 sets of 2 spokes, or similar ;)

4. rf860

rf860 Active Member

Get VAG group ones, possibly some prefacelift ibiza fr ones. They are 16s and there are usually some on ebay.

5. techie

techie Skoda Techie

[​IMG]

Those are the A3 ones I was on about, VAG wheels always look cool in a different shade and with lower profile tyres.

Like these on my g/f Fabia, they are also 16", from a poverty spec Audi TT so very cheap.

[​IMG]

Go mental with a refurb though, colour coded alloys are all over the place at the moment and can look cool, but need the car to pull them off if they are bold like mine..

[​IMG]

Bit of a self confessed VAG wheel ***** tbh.

6. Chris_a_73

Hm not sure why the picture in my original post didn't work...but I guess my alloys are similar to those in your first image of the Audi. If I'm honest I don't like large solid spokes as on the Fabia; I prefer the style of your ones!

So is 16", 5x100 the only thing I need to look for???

7. techie

techie Skoda Techie

Offset is also important, I would be looking for an ET or around 35 IMHO so they dont get lost in the arches.

8. Gooner_Mike

Gooner_Mike Teaching the kids

:lol: Me too!

9. mazzerati

mazzerati Bags are for groceries!

[​IMG]

They are just too cool!

And there are loads of nice 16" rims out there edition38 forums have loads! And try wheel w hores!

10. Ash_238

Ash_238 Active Member

I saw your Ibiza at the GTI festival.

I like the idea, but my friend wasn't too keen. Like marmite I suppose. But your Ibiza looks pretty fly in that white. ;)

11. techie

techie Skoda Techie

They are marmite wheels, but that was the point. I took a gamble on having them done but they come out just how I wanted them and im very happy with them.

12. PH1L NI

PH1L NI SEAT Sales Controller

What about some 17's? Should be fine! LM-Rs. Mine is a 1.9 TDI though I suppose.. :whistle:

Tasty. I'll take a decent photo some day with something a but better than a 2 Megapixel iPhone lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12 PH1L NI, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  13. PH1L NI

Seen your car on Detailing World..

LOVE your wheels! Are the new beezers still 5x100 nowhere on internet will tell me! :confused:

Good advice with the ET35, That's what mine are.. Old ones (RS4s/6's whatever you call them) were ET38 and fine too! My original seat ones were tucked sooooo fair in my arches when I lowered it, it looked rubbish!

14. techie

techie Skoda Techie

Yeah mk5 are still 5x100

15. PH1L NI

Thank you good sir! Toying with the idea of an Orange MK5 FR. :D

16. ScottHmk4

17s are a good shout. never heard the likes about the gearbox things, alot of rubbish imo,

heres mine on 17s, a 1.2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Ad Lav

Ad Lav vRS...

17's will be fine mate... there is a thread in the FAQ section for alloys and what fits - use the search luke :starwars: