Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Maxxis Premitra Tyres

Discussion in 'SEAT brand general discussion' started by Mr Pig, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

Just a quick recommendation.

I bought a set of Leon FR wheels that came with a set of Maxxis Premitra tyres. Almost full tread so I thought I'd see how they behaved. Ordinarily I'll buy tyres from the more established brands and I'm very critical of tyres.

These tyres are excellent and in my opinion a bargain! I've had the chance to push them in both the dry and the wet, they are grippy and predictable with very good resistance to aquaplaning. I was going to say that they are great tyres for the price but to be fair, they are great tyres, period. If someone told me they cost over one-hundred pounds I would believe them.

For those who don't know, Maxxis are one of the largest tyres manufacturers in the world. In the mountain biking, Maxxis rule the demanding down-hill/free-ride market but, while they are big players in other parts of the world, Maxxis car tyres are not a major part of the UK market. So they are not junk no-brand tyres.

I know that when these wear out I'll be looking for more. Give them a try.

Boroboy likes this.
  2. Gokiwi64

Gokiwi64 Geriatric Member

I used Maxxis tyres on the bike for years , including many many track days - never a problem with them , may try them on the LCR next.

Boroboy likes this.
  3. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

I've used Maxxis mountain bike tyres but never thought of car tyres. My local fitters don't stock them,

Boroboy likes this.
  4. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+

Unless I'm being a muppet I don't see them for my 19's like trying new stuff out lol

Boroboy likes this.
  5. G.P

G.P Active Member

If purchased by a Maxxis dealer shop then they also have a puncher guarantee that if they can't repair it they will replace it free if above 80% wear and at a cost below.

Having heard many good things about Maxxis now I'm tempted to try some..

Boroboy likes this.
  6. Boroboy

Boroboy Active Member

I've used Maxxis on previous cars in the past, never had any issues with them, I consider them to be a mid range tyre, similar to say Nexen. Which are used by some new manufacturers now.

#6 Boroboy, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  7. tizurcio

tizurcio Active Member

Very good tyres and with very reasonable price. I'm using too.

8. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

I feel they are better than that. I buy the best tyres I can find, the ones that do the best in the tests and are rated the highest by users. I only ended up with these tyres because they came on the wheels. I can't really see how the performance is anything other than top drawer. Even in the wet they are great.

Boroboy likes this.
  9. Boroboy

Boroboy Active Member

Good, the newer generation of Nexen tyres are very good too. As Kia and Hyundai use them from new. Even with budget tyres I'v never found a bad one in the dry, it's the wet weather that really tests tyres.
    Maxxis also do an All Season tyre too. Which is decent for all year round use, cheaper than the premium brands too. Although if you like driving to the limits, not really a great choice. Depends what you want from a tyre really.
    For the car that I drive now my GT-Radial tyres a a good choice for all weather driving.

10. G.P

G.P Active Member

MY2011 Pirelli P7's, not to clever in the dry, I'm not even going to bother going into their wet weather grip, I'm told they only produced them for 6 months, I have driven cars on budgets that have performed better in the dry..

Boroboy likes this.
  11. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

I had a set of Pirellis, another type, that were so bad I took them off and sold them. Really scary sudden breakaway in the wet.

Boroboy likes this.
  12. Seastormer

Seastormer Cupra 280/CBF1000

Even though I'm a tight Scottish git who lkes to save a few bob whenever I can, I still want the best I can get, just at the cheapest price. As tyres are the only thing keeping my Cupra on the twisty border roads I use, I will stick to the Mich Pilot Sport 4 S tyres.

Boroboy likes this.
  13. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

I totally agree. I scour the reviews and test and buy the winners. If the tyre performs well I buy them again. Tyres are too important to skimp on.

I'm not recommending this tyre as a good budget option. I'm recommending it full stop. I'm not saying it's good enough for a Cupra but it's as good as anything I've used yet costs less.

Boroboy and Jimbobcook like this.
  14. Boroboy

Boroboy Active Member

Just like a lot of things in life, tyres are down to personal preference too. I've just bought myself a set of Bridgestone A005's (x4). I consider these to be a premium summer orientated, all season tyre, that can be used in winter too. Has better winter use properties than a standard summer tyre, but not as good as a premium winter tyre for winter use. Perfect I'd have thought for year round use within a U.K climate, for a none performance orientated car like my 1.2tsi Leon.

15. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

Tyres are always a compromise. You just have to pick the set of characteristics you value. Unless you're tight and just buy the cheapest ;0)

Boroboy likes this.
  16. Yern

Yern Active Member

Don't forget the European regulations. Which to choose based on...noise / wet grip / economy? Stuff that what's the :censored: cheapest!

Boroboy likes this.