1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Maxxis Premitra Tyres

Discussion in 'SEAT brand general discussion' started by Mr Pig, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Full Member

Just a quick recommendation.

I bought a set of Leon FR wheels that came with a set of Maxxis Premitra tyres. Almost full tread so I thought I'd see how they behaved. Ordinarily I'll buy tyres from the more established brands and I'm very critical of tyres.

These tyres are excellent and in my opinion a bargain! I've had the chance to push them in both the dry and the wet, they are grippy and predictable with very good resistance to aquaplaning. I was going to say that they are great tyres for the price but to be fair, they are great tyres, period. If someone told me they cost over one-hundred pounds I would believe them.

For those who don't know, Maxxis are one of the largest tyres manufacturers in the world. In the mountain biking, Maxxis rule the demanding down-hill/free-ride market but, while they are big players in other parts of the world, Maxxis car tyres are not a major part of the UK market. So they are not junk no-brand tyres.

I know that when these wear out I'll be looking for more. Give them a try.

2. Gokiwi64

Gokiwi64 Geriatric Member

I used Maxxis tyres on the bike for years , including many many track days - never a problem with them , may try them on the LCR next.

3. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Full Member

I've used Maxxis mountain bike tyres but never thought of car tyres. My local fitters don't stock them,

4. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+
    Staff Member

Unless I'm being a muppet I don't see them for my 19's like trying new stuff out lol

5. G.P

G.P Senior Member

If purchased by a Maxxis dealer shop then they also have a puncher guarantee that if they can't repair it they will replace it free if above 80% wear and at a cost below.

Having heard many good things about Maxxis now I'm tempted to try some..