MDI Media in Install + iPod

Slickline

[B)] Cool....thanks will have a sniff around and see where i can find it.

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
Not as far as I know..

The Mdi Kit and Ipod lead work out at around £140 - the going rate for MFD's from the right sources seems to be around 1,000 Euros - dealers list at around £1,500

Compass etc is enabled when you upgrade firmware to 1020/1024 which is available for download in quite a few places if you search

The speed cameras are as a result of a manually burnt & altered map DVD with the POI's burnt on and reprogrammed :)

So can this all be done on an 07 plate system if you can alter the maps is it best to google it to find out how todo it and is it easy enough :confused:
Looked for firmware upgrade before and never been able to find one :think:

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
So can this all be done on an 07 plate system if you can alter the maps is it best to google it to find out how todo it and is it easy enough :confused:
Looked for firmware upgrade before and never been able to find one :think:

Firmware upgrade is easy enough to find on torrents it's 1020/1024 that you're looking for.

Altering the maps isn't the easiest thing to do, it requires using a program that has been designed for altering BMW NAV Maps with several tweaks, and then linking this to a database that has the POI cordinates of all the speed cameras.

Then a new ISO DVD is burnt and then loaded on in the same way that you do when you upload new maps :)

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
Firmware upgrade is easy enough to find on torrents it's 1020/1024 that you're looking for.

Altering the maps isn't the easiest thing to do, it requires using a program that has been designed for altering BMW NAV Maps with several tweaks, and then linking this to a database that has the POI cordinates of all the speed cameras.

Then a new ISO DVD is burnt and then loaded on in the same way that you do when you upload new maps :)

I've the MFD2 I believe will check it later though but the maps are on cd that you have to have in all the time for gps to work so don't know if it can be done :confused:

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
If you have the MFD2 then ignore all of the things I have previously said, as they only apply to the MFD3 :)

Fingers crossed I have the MFD3 then but sure it's the two :( Don't suppose you know if there is a firmware upgrade for this I've looked but with no joy :blink:

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
I had mdf2 as well, could we not pay an little more to have the mdf3 and them take the mdf2. Sounds simple enought but answer now is probabaly no.

sell mfd2 on fleabay, buy mfd3 off fleabay.

due to scarcity of seat units, you may have to get a vw unit which shows the vw logo on start up, but then it does have the sd card slot.

its a massive leap in the right direction compared to the mfd2.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members