MDI Media in Install + iPod

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
I have the seat mfd3, 1020 firmware, and the updated maps thanks to a generous member on here, many thanks!

Although there is a v4 and yet another "new" firmware version thats not yet available but doesnt add much to the unit from what i can tell.

I got the seat version to match the car, but i really would have liked the SD slot lol, comes in handy i suppose. Also wanna put reversing camera and TV on it but it was a pain taking the unit out of the hole then back in etc so im just gunna leave it.

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
Waiting for Seat to get back to me regards if it's a straight swap from mfd2 to mfd3 let you know how I get on

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
I have the seat mfd3, 1020 firmware, and the updated maps thanks to a generous member on here, many thanks!

Although there is a v4 and yet another "new" firmware version thats not yet available but doesnt add much to the unit from what i can tell.

I got the seat version to match the car, but i really would have liked the SD slot lol, comes in handy i suppose. Also wanna put reversing camera and TV on it but it was a pain taking the unit out of the hole then back in etc so im just gunna leave it.

So the Seat version hasn't an sd card slot? Looking at MDF3 on fleabay and it has them :shrug: Also has a usb connection on the front for iPod but I have the connector under the drivers seat will that still work? Anyone got the iPod dock and the MDF3?

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
So the Seat version hasn't an sd card slot? Looking at MDF3 on fleabay and it has them :shrug: Also has a usb connection on the front for iPod but I have the connector under the drivers seat will that still work? Anyone got the iPod dock and the MDF3?

The Seat unit doesn't have the SD slot -

I have the ipod dock under the seat - it will continue to work withg the MFD3 just as it does with the standard headunit - it won't give you the functionality of the MDI Media In unit.

If it has a USB connector on the front are you sure you're looking at the MFD3? post the link to the unit and I'll have a look :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.