Media System Problem...

Eire

Sep 19, 2016
Kildare Ireland
Yes mine was exactly the same ghosting and pressing itself this morning also..There may well be a connection between the temperature and this issue..It was -1 this morning where i live..?:think:

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Has anyone taken car into seat for this fault ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

isalopek

Aug 25, 2016
My friend take car for this problem, and they told him that "seat" still have no solution for this...well. for me, this is not a good seat posproduction politics...

Craig-P

Oct 20, 2016
I've had a few various problem's with mine similiar to all those mentioned in here.

It seem's to have been ok lately though, apart from a keep getting HFP disconnected flash up even though my phone/s is still connected..?

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Sorry stu forgot about that, did it sort the problem and did seat need proof ? How would I go about it just ring a local seat dealer and say can I bring in for warranty work and explain the fault

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
Sorry stu forgot about that, did it sort the problem and did seat need proof ? How would I go about it just ring a local seat dealer and say can I bring in for warranty work and explain the fault

yes it sorted the problem

but it was a pain in the rear to get it sorted!

they wanted to see it happening and with it been intermittent and sometimes up to 2 weeks before it happened it took me a few trips and 3 days of them having the car to see it!

I did manage to get a recording of it and emailed it to them

If I was you I would try and get a recording of it on your phone or something then pay a visit to your dealer!

the thing that made me laugh was that the sales guy I spoke to said straight away that the screen needs replacing but service had other ideas!

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Brilliant thanks and I will try get a recording early.in morning when it's cold thanks for that will take back to were I got it as got 3 months warranty rather than seat but if they easy to deal with will go to seat

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
On second thoughts would be easier retaking directly to seat once get a recording , does it matter if not been there in past etc ? It's a 2015 seat leon fr so should still be covered shouldnt it ?

Thanks dean

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Going to ring seat tomorro and see if can get booked in hopefully no hassle as a 15 plate so should still be warranty, also stone chips on bonnet and that and noticed 3 year paint warranty might try see if can get the bonnet sprayed etc

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
That'll just be seen as wear and tear. Something I'm considering is clear vynl where it's likely to get chips on the front bumper and bonnet.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Car booked in tomorro for media system ,I went out this morning to try record it acting up but was 6 degrees c and didn't do it,hope they know about the fault as don't want them to just say cannot fault it, anyone got a video of there's acting up ?

Thanks dean

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
They have ordered a new radio , taking back next Wednesday to get fitted whilst I wait, my fan was running again when parked up and smell of dpf but no light hopefully doesn't come back on

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah no questions just said if it's doing what I say will require a radio so one ordered for next week cheers for the help stu

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
Oh the joy of technology. Gimme an RNS 315 and some proper switches any day. Never mind fairy light footwells and door cards.

the more controls they incorporate into touchscreens the more vulnerable you are.
One of the mags (Top Gear?) has a new Disco Sport (I think) that has completely shut down a few times and nothing can be done while it resets.
scary.
Almost as if the car uses Windows!!
and how bad would that be?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.