Media system problems

Mydogfred

Jun 20, 2013
Has anyone had any problems with the main media system when it rains?

Over the last few weeks, when i get into the car after it has been raining (which at the moment seems constantly) i get a beeping and the screens change on their own. After that nothing works on the touch screen for around 5 mins.

I am assuming I have a leak somewhere and will get it booked into the dealer, but was just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

Another thing is I get a lot of vibration noise coming through the dash board at low revs!

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Has anyone had any problems with the main media system when it rains?

Over the last few weeks, when i get into the car after it has been raining (which at the moment seems constantly) i get a beeping and the screens change on their own. After that nothing works on the touch screen for around 5 mins.

I am assuming I have a leak somewhere and will get it booked into the dealer, but was just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

Another thing is I get a lot of vibration noise coming through the dash board at low revs!

Yup exact same problem as me which i reported in this thread.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393572

Don't think mine is linked to rain though, although only started happening after I'd cleaned the car.

Taff

Jun 10, 2002
South Wales
My old mk1 loved water to the extent it would save all that rain water for me to find in the footwell's. it was lovely

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Taff

Jun 10, 2002
South Wales
Laughing a side. For those have this problem could it occur on certain hardware and/or Software revisions of the head unit (media or media plus)?

Would be interesting to know.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Simol

Dec 21, 2013
My new Leon Mk3 has exactly the same problem with screens getting a life of their own and the touch screen failing to respond. Has anyone taken their Mk3 back to the dealer with this problem and what did the dealer say?

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
I have the Tech Pack with the Media System Plus/Navi System and wondered if anyone has problems with the system intermittently not recognising a USB memory stick? I have tried several different USB memory sticks of different capacities (4GB to 16GB) plugged into the cable supplied with the car, and they all intermittently seem to be unrecognised (lost) by the system (just as if they had been unplugged). There are definitely no loose connections which I can find in the cable, plug or USB socket and my SD2 memory card (32GB) is always recognised and never drops off the system. Both the USB memory stick and the SD2 memory card contain identical folders and music tracks - I did this on purpose to eliminate anything which might be related to the music folders or files. The only way to get the Media System to see the USB memory stick again, is to unplug it and then plug it in again. The problem normally happens when the system is first switched on with the lefthand on/off control knob or just by switching on the ignition after the system was last turned off via the ignition. I think it also occasionally happens after switching to Media from one of the other functions (e.g. from Radio, Nav).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.