Meguir's polish

Deleted member 7729

Anyone use Meg's polish?

I'm currently using their shampoo and wax (NXT range) but want to get the yellow back to a deep colour (I'm also speaking to the dealer about the fading paint)

I'm also looking at getting a PC if I can find the funds. I assume this will work fine with Meg's range?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeydee

Mike
Mar 3, 2005
Doncaster
I use megs mate, great stuff, i use step 2 and 3, the first one is like t-cut so i didnt use that, 2nd one brings removed eccess dirt and 3rd puts extra gloss shine on :D great stuff!!!

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
I also use the 3 stage stuff, iv used the 1st stage once, and the other 2 most of the time i wash it, but if im in a hurry ill only use the NXT tech wax, i was going to spend some money on more expensive goodies, but the car only stays clean for 2 days, so it doesn't seem worth it TBH

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
The Megs quick clay is worth a look also, just gives the finish that something extra.
On a different note, I bought some armour all gel two pack from halfords the other day(was half price @ £4.50) you just hose the car down , put the gel wash straight onto the body, hose that off then put the gel wax onto the car and dry the car as normal. The car looked brill when done. [B)]

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
mikeydee said:
i use step 2 and 3, the first one is like t-cut so i didnt use that

I've used the Meguiars stage 1, doesn't seem to have any 'cut' in it, AFAIK its just a paint cleanser, removes all the old wax and stuff, does make the finish sqeaky clean.

If you use stage one before the clay, it makes the clay real hard to use, need to use an excessive amount of lubricant to stop the caly sticking to the surface

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
Found this tip on a forum somewhere - try a layer of turtlewax clear (wax sealer) inbetween 2 wax coats and you'll be amazed with the finish look, talk about a deep shine. (WORKS A TREAT) A good protectant as well!

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Legohead said:
I've used the Meguiars stage 1, doesn't seem to have any 'cut' in it, AFAIK its just a paint cleanser, removes all the old wax and stuff, does make the finish sqeaky clean.

If you use stage one before the clay, it makes the clay real hard to use, need to use an excessive amount of lubricant to stop the caly sticking to the surface
does the stage one remove old 'pinstipe ' glue residue?(im talking an old Mk2 on a n 'm' plate so dont know 'how long' the stripes were on etc..).. looking for summat to get beyond that to loose the 'lines' as it were but i suppose ill end up having to T-Cut it when the weather allows.....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise