Mercedes buys Brawn GP

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Mercedes takes ownership of Brawn

As has been expected Mercedes have taken a controlling stake in the F1 World Champions Brawn GP.

Expected to be run as an all German driver team tipped for 2010 with Rosberg and Heidfeld

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

McLaren will remain Mercedes supported until at least 2015, it also opens the door on an all UK Mercedes powered team with Hamilton now expected to be joined by current World Champion Button.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
I see a pattern forming..... German car giant engine partner to a highly rated wourld championship winning team wanting to take a more controlling stake in the team, Eventually gets fed up and buys another team and brands it as its own.

I hope they do a better job than what BMW did....

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i reckon if they 'team up' properly then you could see one hell of team in the making

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Jesnon is mad if he doesn't go to mclaren. Lets all be honest, he will play second fiddle to Lewis and quite rightly so, he is the weaker driver. lets also be honest, Button has won the championship now, he's never gonna get a nother chance as he simply is'nt good enough, without Brawns early luck with the design specs he simply would not have won the championship this year. I am pleased he did, but it was no win outright. So take the money and enjoy the limelight.

I have to admit i am shocked the new merc racing team are rumoured on rosberg and heidfeld. i can see the logic in rosberg as he has matured into a good driver, kept his head down and provided consistent results. Right car behind him he will do well. But i am shocked they did'nt secure Hulkenberg or even Senna. Hiedfeld is too inconsistent for my liking. I am still an avid supporter of expereinece number 1 and rookie number 2.

Also little insider info, Mclaren have a merc deal for next 5 seasons, however its not a locked in deal and i have it on good authority that mclaren will be using there own designed and built engine by 2012.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
according to that he's agreed but mclaren hasn't had his name on the line just yet and mercedes wanna keep him if possible

J0N

Defected!
Jesnon is mad if he doesn't go to mclaren. Lets all be honest, he will play second fiddle to Lewis and quite rightly so, he is the weaker driver. lets also be honest, Button has won the championship now, he's never gonna get a nother chance as he simply is'nt good enough, without Brawns early luck with the design specs he simply would not have won the championship this year. I am pleased he did, but it was no win outright. So take the money and enjoy the limelight.

I have to admit i am shocked the new merc racing team are rumoured on rosberg and heidfeld. i can see the logic in rosberg as he has matured into a good driver, kept his head down and provided consistent results. Right car behind him he will do well. But i am shocked they did'nt secure Hulkenberg or even Senna. Hiedfeld is too inconsistent for my liking. I am still an avid supporter of expereinece number 1 and rookie number 2.

Also little insider info, Mclaren have a merc deal for next 5 seasons, however its not a locked in deal and i have it on good authority that mclaren will be using there own designed and built engine by 2012.

Also, Heidfeld's beard is ridiculous. ;)