Metal number plates

vwgolf32

Hi

I just wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to get some pressed metal number plates from. I bought a set years ago for my golf.

Cheers

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
Dubmeister ive heard are ok but i was chatting to my uncle about them the other day and hes a copper and he goes as far as hes aware ther all illegal coz they dont have the relfective lighting on them in the dark which makes them non roadworthy and you WILL get stopped if you get some C*nt copper. Thats what he says anyway yet my local carnousseur shop who deal in dubmeister pressed plates say thats ther fully road legal so im a bit stuck on whether to get them or not.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
They have the full BS AU stamp, etc on them so as far as I know that makes them legal doesn't it?

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
They have the full BS AU stamp, etc on them so as far as I know that makes them legal doesn't it?

Its a tricky one mate. Businesses will tell you anything to make a sale. Best bet is to probably call up DVLA direct or something and ask them what they make of it. Get it from the horses mouth that way just too make sure. Im sure there ok though, ive seen enough euro look cars in my area with them.

May 25, 2008
cambs
europl8.com thats where i got mine and they are reflective , had them on for two years now with no problems with mot or coppers ( touch wood lol)

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
Oh ok thats cool. Apparantly Dubmeister plates are fully legal. Im going to go into my local dubmeister dealer, a company called carnnousuer and see what they make of it. As long as they can be seen in the dark, the spacing of the characters is the right width and the GB logo is on them they should be ok really.

djgurps

risk it for a biscuit and go for full on german plates german-number-plates.com/

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.