Metric Display Cruise Control

taylor83

Hi Guys,
I picked up a new Leon FR yesterday and I'm absolutely chuffed with it so far. I've just got one very minor niggle in that the cruise control speed is displayed in km/h. The units for everything else are displayed in standard imperial.

I've had a look through the manual and it doesn't really help.

Has anyone else noticed this?

It's not exactly a big issue, I'm really happy with the car and every time I put my foot down it puts a massive grin on my face! :happy:

Thanks

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Is this the speed Reading on the MFD that is showing in kmh?

If so mine is the same and I believe it's meant to show kmh as the speedo itself only shows mph and not dual Speed like other manufacturers.

product

Nov 6, 2007
IanG is right - in the UK it's a requirement to have kmh speed visible alongside mph so that we can safely drive in the rest of Europe. The latest SEAT dials don't feature the metric units, so there is a digital display within the MFD. And yeah, unlike the other units on the MFD you can't tweak it.

(It's not really related to the cruise control. I do remember driving a Peugeot recently which showed an extra digital speedo when you were using cruise, but that's not what this is on the Leon...)

Mr.Leon

excuse me, can ask a question related to cruise control here?

I'm little worried about cruise control light in the instrumental cluster.... when I turn ON cruise control I don't see any green light. I'm not the one with this issue.

The model is FR with DSG, 2008.

What's your experience with cruise control light on FR models ?

Thanks

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
excuse me, can ask a question related to cruise control here?

I'm little worried about cruise control light in the instrumental cluster.... when I turn ON cruise control I don't see any green light. I'm not the one with this issue.

The model is FR with DSG, 2008.

What's your experience with cruise control light on FR models ?

Thanks

cruise control light will only be visable if you have bluetooth , and you will have the larger mfd not the small 1.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
cruise control light will only be visable if you have bluetooth , and you will have the larger mfd not the small 1.

Mine has it. :) Okay, not very helpful given the original question, but he asked for other people's experiences. :D

taylor83

Thanks

Thanks guys,

My wife suggested it was something to do with having to have a km/h display, but unfortunately I didn't listen! :doh:

I just hope she doesn't read this.

Thanks again for the quick responses.

Mr.Leon

ok I understand... there isn't a rule for the cruise control light...

Excuse me for the semi-off topic.

:)

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
hmmm i have large mfd and have cruise control light but don't have speed on screen... is it only for restyle leons?

hmmm i have large mfd and have cruise control light but don't have speed on screen...
Ditto. But on my speedo it shows the current speed in both miles and kilometres, so there's no need for a separate km/h display on the MFD.
I'm guessing that there's no legislative requirement to show mph if you live somewhere that uses km/h...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise