Michelin Performance Tyre Group Buy

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Sorry there will be no delivery offer it’s come and have them fitted or collect as a bulk buy it’s just on the one make off tyre and size as our supplier has said may be able to do something on a bulk order off one make and size

Reactions: Damo H

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I can’t beat the price off kwikfit on a bulk buy I’m getting 10%off the retail price off them tyres so it looks like everyone has to hit there local kwikfit

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Just had a frank chat with my local Kwik Fit. As always sound guys.

Even with staff discount, the can't even get the tyres of their own online price, let alone that price with 20% off. So as the discount code has suddenly disappeared from their site, thought I'd best check it still works.

It does, for now, so I've ordered 4 tyres.

If anyone is after some Continentals that have done less than 2500 miles, let me know. They'll be going cheap.

Last edited:

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK

Staff can't even get tyres at online price, let alone that price with 20% off. So as the discount code has suddently disappeared from their site, thought I'd best check it still works.

If anyone is after some Continentals that have done less than 2500 miles, let me know. They'll be going cheap.

What was the code? I missed it and can't find it!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Considered trying to approach one of the online sellers?
I have, no one was interested as they already bulk buy their tyres to get the prices they do. So makes no difference if we want a lot.

Listers and Kwik Fit manager explained why they can sell them at an effective loss and get money back from Michelin later.

However if you’re after some tyres @Syphon I can do mate rates on 4 Conts :D

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I have, no one was interested as they already bulk buy their tyres to get the prices they do. So makes no difference if we want a lot.

Listers and Kwik Fit manager explained why they can sell them at an effective loss and get money back from Michelin later.

However if you’re after some tyres @Syphon I can do mate rates on 4 Conts :D

Ah ok. Ha sorry, only need two :)

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
So £117.67 net price per fitted tyre (before any credit card cashback) if you go for the Kwik-Fit deal through Quidco. :coolthumb

stressfree

Jul 26, 2018

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Looks like MICHELIN20 for KwikFit stopped working, so found this:
F1 autocentres have fuly fitted Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 91Y XL 235/35YR19 for £150.35 and participating in the Michelin cashback until 31st of December 2018: £40 for two or £100 for four 19” and above.

promo link
https://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/michelin-2018-offer-terms-conditions
https://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/car...MICHELIN/Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4S-91Y-XL/12187
I was lucky then!

@walshy did you manage it?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Is the Miccy group buy cancelled now?
No one seems to get close to the offer prices by the websites already. And the websites are not interested in Group buys :(

Sorry :( It seems the best (less faff deal) with Kwik FIt ended very quickly (maybe a mistake). Best offer is either Costco or the one mentioned about by @Carbonara

Reactions: kiddo

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
No one seems to get close to the offer prices by the websites already. And the websites are not interested in Group buys :(

Sorry :( It seems the best (less faff deal) with Kwik FIt ended very quickly (maybe a mistake). Best offer is either Costco or the one mentioned about by @Carbonara
I just did the calculation of 8.5% Quidco cashback off the ex VAT price from KF using the voucher code. Fortunately I took a screenshot of my basket and might see what Costco's reaction to price matching is when I go this weekend. Their website doesn't show the same tyre so it'll be a lookup on their database.

They weren't that competitive when I checked pricing on the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 although there was no pricing promotion supported by Bridgestone despite it appearing in their magazine. I'd chosen the Contis already based on reviews but with nothing for the Bridgestone comparison. Just benchmarking my purchase decision really. Apples vs pears.

Screenshot is on another device so can't post it but shout up if anyone needs it for bargaining ammo.

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow

Even with staff discount, the can't even get the tyres of their own online price, let alone that price with 20% off. So as the discount code has suddenly disappeared from their site, thought I'd best check it still works.

You still got those Contis, chap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW

need to find out what size tyres my car takes and ill get back yto you

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise