Midland F1, what do you think? New team?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ive been into F1 for as long as I care to remember and gone are the days I used to follow the driver rather than the team (Damon Hill). Ive been following Jordan F1 for the last few years as quite frankly they were the only team who took notice and looked after the fans, and anyone who has been to any of there events will know what I mean.

Now seeing as ive been a Jordan club member I got a few of the inside moans and groans of the PR people about the new owners (Plus buying some parts from people in the know helped!) Now it seemed that Midland came in and cut away what they thought were non essential crew (pr etc) and the news letters that went round confirmed this. Now I see that Midland are using all of Jordan’s previous success as there team history, even though technically there a new team.

So my question is do you think its right to use Jordan’s history as there own or should they have started a fresh as there all new really? Please see the link to there new site. I know Jordan weren’t the best racing team but in my eyes they were the only fans team. Whats your thoughts on this?

www.Midlandf1.com

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
looking at the history page they seem up front and open about it

looks fine to me

depends how good they do as always [B)]

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
But to me there a new team therefore have no history? Like red bull did when they bought Jag? The team had no history just the staff happened to have a bit

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i thinks its more a way of explaining what happened and how they came about i guess ??

andycupra

status subject to change
i was a massive jordan fan, i followed them from day 1 in F1..
i still love the 7up car!

i can see your frustrations scott, i guess had they kept the name it would be all ok?

they brought jordan out and ran the cars last year so its hard to say they are a totally new team... even if they are getting rid of people and bits that made it 'jordan'
new owner basically, has decided on new name and rebranding..
so i guess they can use past history, nut they really should make it clear who the owner at the time was etc.

have to say, though, my support for the team seems to have wained alot..
i really dont know who im supporting this year!

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
This year i will be flying the Jordan flags again (was only few of us at the last BGP) with the tombstone emblem. Then next year/this seasson i will be supporting a Jenson i think

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Midland will be the new tail-end charlies battling it out with Super Aguri.

The ruski tycoon will get bored after 5 years & sell up proviing he has'nt gon bankrupt by then......

Midland has'nt distorted the truth, the Jordan era ended as soon as EJ signed the paperwork before the start of last season. the cars may of been painted yellow but wernt Jordans as far as I was concerned.

An example of distorting history would be NASCAR when the Nextel Cup took over from the Winston Cup.

Previous Wiston Cup winners/champions became Nextel Cup winners/champions overnight:whistle:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members