Miles per tank

s3dancupra

Hi, I have standard cupra 07 and drive sensibly but only get 300 miles to a full tank - is this what other experience? Thanks

CupraNoobie

Depends what you mean by sensibly, although the types of road / traffic obviously play a big part too. I think I drive sensibly on my 21 mile commute of 6 miles local roads, rest on the motorway and get about 340. Personal best was 395 from a tank - that really was careful driving as I didn't want to scuff my grandad slippers!

Sounds about right I think. I have the FR TFSI and get around 380 miles to a tank (the computer says I average about 33mpg, last time I looked).

But I have a long commute and try to drive economically most of the time. Around town and in heavy traffic, I sometimes struggle to get >20mpg. If you only/mainly do urban driving, you should expect far less to a full tank.

I love the silky smooth power from my TFSI, but I think next time I'll be back to a diesel purely on cost grounds... :(

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Anywhere between 220 and 260 on average with normal driving.

Rickst3r

Cupra K1...
Dec 13, 2009
Falkirk, Central Scotland
I filled up on Wednesday evening having driven 340'ish miles and she took 46 ltrs. My commute is mostly motorway and tend to average 35mpg in my K1.

I drive sensibly as I'm in no rush to get into the office in the mornings, plus it would be prety stupid to be booting it on the roads at the moment...

That is my first full tank of Tesco 99RON, so perhaps I will get a small improvement over the next month or so keeping using the super unleaded.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
I get about 280 - 300 from my Cupra and thats with a fair bit of stop start driving running the kids around and having a bit of fun at the weekends. When just driving normal with out the stop start I get about 340.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Yeah...my company car is the new Skoda Superb Greenline...

830 miles from a tank if I drive steady ! ! ! :wtf:

Never less than 650 miles on a hard run !!! :drool:

So Cupra seems like an F1 petrolaholic by comparison ! :blink:

adam.smith

I get about 450 - 470 in my Leon FR 2.0 TDI per tank whilst keeping to the speed limits but getting there as fast as possible. Gotta love it! :D