Millers Diesel Power Ecomax

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Sure this wonderful stuff has been covered loads. But i thought i would chime in.

Run two tanks of this through now, including track testing. Very impressed. Engine is much smoother, and average commute mpg has gone up to 54-57mpg from 47-50mpg. This injectors may have been really dirty... i dunno :shrug:

Very very pleased, it will be going in with every tank now.

Greggo

Jun 4, 2010
I need to get some of that, my 165k engine probably needs a good cleanout! Wheres best place to get it? I've got some redex, but dont know if its any good , but hear people say Millers is the best!

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I need to get some of that, my 165k engine probably needs a good cleanout! Wheres best place to get it? I've got some redex, but dont know if its any good , but hear people say Millers is the best!

I tried the redex one big bottle clean out or whatever its called... was good until i filled up again. This millers treats 10 tanks full.

I got mine at halfrauds.. was about 12 quid i think.

Greggo

Jun 4, 2010
Cool, will nip up there tomorrow and get some , but will get rid of the redex first I think as I have three bottles of it.

Can redex be used on half tanks? It says only to use half a bottle on 50 litre tank, but tempted to just wack a quarter of a bottle in for time being as too skint until pay day to fill tank up!

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I used it religously and only ever used a couple of bottles.

Found it better to use this and Morrisson's cheap diesel than andy Premium Diesel with or without.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
That improvement is quite a big one - 7mpg.

Realistically I got 2-3mpg increase when I started to use the stuff on a low mileage Leon several years ago. Its still there.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
i didn't really see a MPG improvement really, a set of traffic lights can make a difference to that.

Just found it ran better.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Just seems easier to get better MPG now due to the engine being smoother

Its nice to see that you feel you're getting some sort of result back, rather than the usual snake oil type product promising everything and deliver nothing other than a lighter wallet.

I would recommend the stuff to anyone whose got a diesel and doesn't run fully on either Ultimate/Optimax type fuel. I think that Millers on top of that would be a waste of money and overkill.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise