Milltek 2.75" vs 3.0" downpipe

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
My KO4 Octavia has a 2.75" downpipe fitted, would there be much benefit upgrading to a 3"? Or is it a waste of time. Bear in mind mine gave same RR result as a ED30 with Stage 2+ on the same RR

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Owen has a 2.75" downpipe on his Cupra and it goes every bit as well as a car with the same mods other than a 3" downpipe. As mentioned above however, 3" does give more noise.

Wilko

Badge snob
2.5" is ok upto 400hp. if you have 2.75 then its plenty big enough.
I went from 2.5-3 on my last turbo (380hp) and it made no duifference except its painfully loud at a cruise. Now got 3 mahoosive silencers in it and its still less than great, and on my current turbo I can just about justify the 3".

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
I went from 2.5-3 on my last turbo (380hp) and it made no duifference except its painfully loud at a cruise. Now got 3 mahoosive silencers in it and its still less than great, and on my current turbo I can just about justify the 3".

Thanks for the replies, haven't seen you around for a while:)

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
Read the board daily Micky, but can't be arsed to comment on most of the dross. I post when I think I can help someone whos worth helping.
Did your octy come with a k04? or did you fit it. I didn't know they built one with one on.

No, the vRS comes with the normal GTI engine. I managed to get the KO4 slightly used quite cheap so was too tempting not to fit it:D

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
my system is fully 3"...and yes it is loud as gunfire but i love it :) but I don't have a remap yet so its not fully blasting yet :) pretty good for standard though apparently my work collegue said he heard me a mile away heh.

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece

I think that a 2.5" DP is quite restrictive for a 2.0 litre T(F)SI engine bearing a K04 turbocharger (either standard as in S3/Cupra/Ed30 or mod in K03 turbo'd TFSIs)...:confused: In my Cupra 2007, before Milltek made their 76mm DP, I had a full 70mm system, and when changed to 76mm DP, the top end power improved significantly and was felt immediately. Moreover, the car became more torquey at mid range rpms...:)

Poverty

Yes surely it wouldnt make much difference if at all upgrading?

Yeah Im starting to think alot of these exhaust manufacturers talk out of their rears. Even 500hp 2.0TFSI's utilise a 3 inch, so surely for a map only etc 2.75 inch is more than enough.

Passenger

What is the diameter of a stock Cupra 1P exhaust?
DP - 2,75" ??? and cat-back - 2,5" ??? or more restrictive?

Passenger

At the moment I have OEM DP... Milltek cat-back non-res 2,75" is waiting for spring :)

Do You know what is the diameter of OEM DP in Cupra 1P 2,0 TFSI?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise