Milltek Cat back for Cupra FL

kurfus

Mar 20, 2010
Hi there,

I have the Cupra FL.

I was wondering if I can install the Milltek Cat back for the UK Spec Cupra R (Golf R32 style).

It is so much nicer.

Apart from the rear difuser is it plug & play? Need to cut pipes?

What about sound? This kit consists on center silencer + rear assembly.

I'm running stock, any problem with this? Affects to performance?

Ahhh, so many questions. Thanks a lot.

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Does the Milltek come with all the hangers and brackets? If so how do they attach to a NON cupra R? I am looking to do this on my FR so it is a completely different layout? Also what reducer pipe is needed, as i am guessing the FR exhaust is a smaller bore than the cupra?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
You will get everything you need exhaust wise from Milltek.

You will need to buy the diffuser and fix it to the rear apron, and if wanted, spray it all gloss black. There is a bit of cutting of the original apron involved and on the inside of the plastic bumper itself.

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=345

Several cars on here have the Milltek fitted and it does look the dogs nads. Beware it will increase noise though.

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
im not sure about the FL but it was pretty much a straight fit on my pre-FL FR even though the milltek kit is designed for the cupra (i guess they share the same downpipe).

it is louder but mostly on cold starts and when your foot is more than 30% down - no droning @ 70 on the motorway (unless overtaking, ofcourse). it does sound great in tunnels though [B)]

as for performance gains, i know everyone says you dont gain anything with a catback but I can almost guarantee i gained some horses after fitting mine. it also spools up quicker, whereas before there would be a bigger lag between foot down and acceleration.

im defo looking to get the downpipe now and make it a full turboback system.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.