Milltek Cupra/Bocanegra development

HAIRWEGO

NICK...
Jan 18, 2010
Poole, Dorset.
I've had Same as you hairwego mines makes abit of noise compared to standard exhaust nice looks. But I can see Where you coming from pal.
Don't get me wrong milltek was good with me when I took car to them.

had excellent service from APD in poole great job, infact i will be going there to get my 1st service done , rather than a SEAT dealer. just want a bit more sound. i don't blame anybody bar myself.. cos you do need to hear these things before you buy, the few up on the FORUM.. you just can't tell from the vids......

Last edited:

MARKG_BOC

Feb 2, 2010
nottinghamshire
I asked milltek and no centre silencer pal when I first got it looked great sounded better from what I had just want it abit louder so people can hear me coming lol

Now mines bedded in u can hear it abit more from when first got it.

ozzyfizzle

Bocanegra Candy White
Sep 6, 2010
well at least your being honest about it...id expect it to sound awesome for the money too

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Will see if I can get a vid sorted on Friday if no one gets one up before. I will be bac at Awesome getting them to check a few things over and fit the torque arm mount too hehehehehehe

HAIRWEGO

NICK...
Jan 18, 2010
Poole, Dorset.
not up on this tech stuff , but what is that making that booming sound out of exhaust, now that is great.. i'm liking that... 2nd day of having the MIlltek. is making a bit more of a basser sound.. but still should be better.. all you people how want one , and not got yours yet , really need to hear one in the flesh, wish i did. sorry its the truth.. if you want very sutul then it's great.. not blaming Milltek in anyway as they say it's not to overpowering. more or less same as stock when driving normaly . when you give it some yer it makes an understated rumble... but nothing to make heads turn.... that is just for the cat back.. i don't know about the TBE...That's it not going to say anymore about it ......

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
If I am not mistaken we have the same option. Resonated or non resonated, but could only be for the TBE system?

Ravey_Cupra

Jan 16, 2010
Here, there and everywhere ;)
The Milltek Cupra/Bocanegra system has only the single rear silencer regardless of whether you have the cat-back system or the full turbo back..there is no option of resonated or non-resonated.

The OE system on initial development recorded a sound level of approx 79-80db.

The Milltek Sport cat-back system recorded a sound level of approx 84-85db

The TBE recorded a sound level of approx 88-89db

The main design brief for this vehicle was to develop a system that was track day friendly, had a deeper than stock tone with limited to no intrusion inside the vehicle when crusing and sound sporty and aggresive on wide open throttle..from driving the development vehicle I can say this was acheived quite well.

As per one of my previous posts the system is designed for performance rather than being loud and intrusive/annoying.

Hope this helps :)

collegeboy09

Moving along with 215bhp
Sep 18, 2009
Northants
The Milltek Cupra/Bocanegra system has only the single rear silencer regardless of whether you have the cat-back system or the full turbo back..there is no option of resonated or non-resonated.

The OE system on initial development recorded a sound level of approx 79-80db.

The Milltek Sport cat-back system recorded a sound level of approx 84-85db

The TBE recorded a sound level of approx 88-89db

The main design brief for this vehicle was to develop a system that was track day friendly, had a deeper than stock tone with limited to no intrusion inside the vehicle when crusing and sound sporty and aggresive on wide open throttle..from driving the development vehicle I can say this was acheived quite well.

As per one of my previous posts the system is designed for performance rather than being loud and intrusive/annoying.

Hope this helps :)

A bit off topic as not for the cupra but any news on a system for the FR yet ravey?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Having heard the TBE in person I can tell you its just right. Not too loud at all but makes an amazing noise when you want it to.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.