Milltek Cupra R owners in here please

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I need some Cupra R owners side view & back end photo's of the Milltek system fitted on your Cupra R's, and also if anyone wants to show off their video's of the system in action please do :)

The video's I've seen haven't really convinced me, but with AMD not far away and free fitting if I buy there, I want to be convinced that it'll sound good enough for me.

Seen a good video of the Blueflame on their site but Milltek site only has a couple of photo's

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Im interested too in the non resonated system so i will be keeping an eye on this thread. i just want to see how loud it is, just want a sporty tone when booting it not a drone in the car.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
here is a pic of my milltek non res exhaust

i dont have a sound recording as mobile phones dont do a good job in recording sound (well iphone dont anyway)
but my girlfriend tells me that this sounds just like my car
http://www.youtube.com/user/karlc21?feature=mhw4#p/a/u/2/_t0mDTK23hs

just to let you know i also have a scorpion decat fitted. the milltek non res isnt that loud at all without a decat, but must say it did have that sporty tone. the decat just gives it that bit more.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
here is a pic of my milltek non res exhaust

i dont have a sound recording as mobile phones dont do a good job in recording sound (well iphone dont anyway)
but my girlfriend tells me that this sounds just like my car
http://www.youtube.com/user/karlc21?feature=mhw4#p/a/u/2/_t0mDTK23hs

just to let you know i also have a scorpion decat fitted. the milltek non res isnt that loud at all without a decat, but must say it did have that sporty tone. the decat just gives it that bit more.

Cheers Sam

I've seen some where the tailpipe sticks out bit too much for my liking and also I've always been a bit more keen on the Blueflame oval style than the more 'letterbox' design on the Milltek..

Tbh that video sounds good to me. I'm not sure I want it that loud anyway, the Blueflame does sound sweet but I don't want it OTT

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Mine does rumble and sounds more sporty than the piper backbox I had on my old car. Can't hear it atall when I am driving which to me is better than the drone of the piper.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Mine does rumble and sounds more sporty than the piper backbox I had on my old car. Can't hear it atall when I am driving which to me is better than the drone of the piper.

that's what I'm after really, I don't want it overkill inside the car..

if you ever plan to go AMD anytime soon, give me a shout I'd like to hear it :D

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Pics in my thread , they sound great just make sure you go non res and get ur self a decat to make it sound better , I got mine second hand for 350 with decat and fitted it my self it's easy

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Pics in my thread , they sound great just make sure you go non res and get ur self a decat to make it sound better , I got mine second hand for 350 with decat and fitted it my self it's easy

cheers dan. I've still gotta hear one to be convinced, but to be honest I don't want MOT hassle with a decat so sports cat it will have to be..

p.s just had a read through your thread and I love your car mate, good effort. very unique

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
That's true take it you don't no any friendly not people to pass it for you :) ,I do have a video some where but where I do not no as I'm on my I phone it's hard to find it will look in my photo bucket but they could be saved to my lap top will post them if I can find them , glad you like the car some do some don't but I'm changing the look soon stuck on wheel colour at min

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Here is a link with a video it's More the hks sound but you can still hear the miltek from inside the car it's an old video hope it still works sure i have up loaded more some where but not sure where they are I'm not using the hks dv any more using a split r and the bmc has gone as well I now have a hks mushroom filter

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
T0m if you come to the London meet on the 17th I'll take you out in mine.
I'v got a non res Miltek with the O/E cats.
The meet is at the Dutch house at the start of the A20.
There's some pics of mine in my build thread, link is in my sig, I'll post some pics when I geg home.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
That's true take it you don't no any friendly not people to pass it for you :) ,I do have a video some where but where I do not no as I'm on my I phone it's hard to find it will look in my photo bucket but they could be saved to my lap top will post them if I can find them , glad you like the car some do some don't but I'm changing the look soon stuck on wheel colour at min

cheers bud. have checked out your tunnel video, it's more dv than zorst but cheers anyway. u can hear the tone a bit from that vid

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Here is a link with a video it's More the hks sound but you can still hear the miltek from inside the car it's an old video hope it still works sure i have up loaded more some where but not sure where they are I'm not using the hks dv any more using a split r and the bmc has gone as well I now have a hks mushroom filter

which HKS mushroom filter you running? have u got a heat shield with it I take it?

I think there is more gains from an open cone to a BMC tbh, but the BMC is still a good bit of kit if not a tad pricey in comparison to most open cones.

I've got the 007p on mine and don't wana change that really so looking at an open cone filter and remap to increase the noise

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
T0m if you come to the London meet on the 17th I'll take you out in mine.
I'v got a non res Miltek with the O/E cats.
The meet is at the Dutch house at the start of the A20.
There's some pics of mine in my build thread, link is in my sig, I'll post some pics when I geg home.

Cheers for reply DK..
1st thing - can't do the 17th sorry mate. I work alternate days on the weekends with my job, so this weekend coming up the saturday, then week after the sunday - yup it's annoying. can the meet be moved to the 18th ;) lol :whistle:

When I'm not working I'll defo be up for it. I saw your car at the AMD RR'd day and must say I love it. Very 'carbon' blessed. Front splitter's a good effort too!
Seeing as you seem to be at AMD alot, you got any idea when the next RR'd meet will be? Mine didn't run at the meet due to an oil leak from the sump, but I've had a new one fitted now so all is well for a run, even if it's not mapped yet :)

what page are the pics of your milltek on? noticed there's 71 pages of your reader's ride thread to go through :rolleyes:

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
No mate I don't have a heat shield the bmc was good but really restrictive so sold it got the hks for 60 all in from e bay bargin sounds the nuts , I have better vids well a mate does he's going to email me them so will try post it they sound 10 times better and there out side vids

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
The meets not till about 7pm and where there or at Maccy D's till about 10pm
Heres the pics of mine
DSC00188.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00184_1-1.jpg

DSC00182_1.jpg

If you get it from AmD they make make it fit perfect ;)

I'v not booked the next RR day yet but it will probabley end of August-September.
Did you have the platinum LCR at the last RR day

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
No mate I don't have a heat shield the bmc was good but really restrictive so sold it got the hks for 60 all in from e bay bargin sounds the nuts , I have better vids well a mate does he's going to email me them so will try post it they sound 10 times better and there out side vids

Ah wicked, cheers mate. Yeah I read the BMC is restrictive and people are getting better airflow readings through open cone's which is the way I'll go. Thinking of being different though and getting a Powertec with the heat shield

Cheers if u can get more vids up. More the merrier!