Milltek exhaust on V5?

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Beyond a remap I think you are talking fairly big bucks for any serious modifications - probably not worth it. I would advise agains a K&N open type filter (look here http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/98450.aspx ). Because V5's are comparatively rare I gather that cams etc would need to be custom as there is not a mass market. I'm sticking just with the remap as I've heard most other things are a bit of a risk unless you have thousands to spend. Beyond engine/tuning mods the Milltek may add a few more bhp but I would be surprised if it adds much more than about 5 tbh.

somouk

Ok, finally heard back from amd.

They dont do an exhasut for a V5 toledo :(

They also dont stock any other manufacturers that they could try. They recommend ging to either supersprint or magnex and seeing what they have to offer.

They will fit the exhasut if I buy it somewhere else though.

Mart

StuC

F1 Smart?
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
I rang AMD yesterday to get a price, and tehy confimed that there isn't a Toledo system. When pushed they said they would try fitting a Bora V5 system on 'fit or return', but MillTek wouldn't warranty it. A short time later AMD said they had spoken to Milltek and they would honour the warranty for me. So I guess if you want one from them, get this sorted out upfront. They seem very helpful and willing

Anyway the price is 330 quid fitted, they are not charging for fitting at the moment. Time to start saving!!

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I recall Saul saying his moves a little at speed with the rigidity and strength of the bumper and inner plastic cut and weakened.

That was a concern of mine. Having initially wanted the discrete exit I gave up on that idea because of reported 'boominess'. Hadn't really wanted to hack the rear valance and that gives me some concern. I guess you would need a custom part like this (excuse the cr*p drawing and camera phone quality!):

Photo-0024.jpg

Only thing is the metal would need to be of a certain thickness so as not to flex and it would ideally be chromed. There's a deceptively pronounced lip on that valence so it would need to be properly shaped.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Thanks m0rk, that looks a lot simpler. However, if Saul was having problems with flexing it would probably still benefit from some strong metal trim (and neaten it up a bit too).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.