Miltek Exhaust

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi Everyone,

Got my Miltek exhaust put on today and all i can say is wow! i love the way at low revs it doesn't sound like a boy racer chav exhaust and then when you floor it sounds amazing, me and my brother were discussing it on the way down there and we thought it wasn't going to sound as nice as an exhaust on a petrol car but apart from pops and bangs i think it does sound like a petrol. i only went for the cat-back system as jabba said if i went for whole thing would put more stress on my turbo for not much power gains(which i must say is very honest of them would have been in their intrest for me to buy the whole system) i am trying to make the car faster without compromising to much of the reliability but knowing me in a few weeks i will be back there getting the rest done also the car feels alot more responsive at higher speeds, next mods are FMIC and clutch then will take it back to jabba for a bit of a re-map tweek to get a bit more power, will do some recordings at some point tommorow but i'm sure you have all heard it before hahaha

Triple D

the milltek on the tdi is a great choice, my old car is the one on millteks website (black one) i had the non resonated turbo back and the noise under load was awsome, and worth every single penny imho

gazjones

very good exhausts i love mine i actually make people jump on the side of the road when i make it bang! does it whenever i want now :lol:

Triple D

depends what system you went for? was it resonated or non resonated?

gazjones

mine was fine non resonated cat back little on quiet side really then the dp went on and ow my god after 3k rpm it sounded mental really notice the sound difference

gazjones

never heard of reliability problems on an exhaust relating to the turbo. loads of people have ot them on map may need tweaking to suit the faster spool up

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
looks like might be oing back to have the job "finished off" then haha but wont be untill after i get fmic and clutch i really really really want to get to 200bhp but i dont want o change the turbo for warrenty purposes do you think thats possible gaz??

gazjones

pops on my car like nothing else prob unburnt fuel touching hot manfiold or changes in air pressure like thunderstorms. but it does go bang and bloody loud as well

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
my bro has a full bluelame on his golf and by god does it bang and pop thats one of the bigst downsides to deisel's for me lol

gazjones

200 bhp on standard turbo is unlikely max is about 185 i would say still bloody quick enough. i need to get some more vid up of my car poping and banging old ones were done nealy a year ago

Triple D

Nope, wont manage 200 bhp on standard turbo im afriad, the only way you will is if you go the same way as i did, www.allardmotorcompany.co.uk
Oh and your worried about effecting your warranty, im afraid even with the stuff you have now, your warranty is out the window as far as youe engine is concerned........

Aimez

get a video up so we can hear and see, how much did it cost you in total?
i know nothing about exhausts but this sounds interesting as you say its not a constant noise that would piss you off on the motorway, does it take away the tractory sound you get especially when you start the engine!?

Oct 12, 2005
I have the full non res system and I am also very impressed. There is no turbo problems with the full system. IMO why get half of the system. Get the full system!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
pops on my car like nothing else prob unburnt fuel touching hot manfiold or changes in air pressure like thunderstorms. but it does go bang and bloody loud as well

Every morning on a cold start pop and bang on every gear chnge until 4th gear, only hit about 2500rpm. (was guessing unburnt fuel hitting manifold)

Loud OMG - was stud at the back of my car and my mate decided to blip the loud pedal and the exhaust popped, ringing in my ears for ages.

Also notice when under load the exhaust changes note when you go past 3000rpm sound mint.

I have the full non res system and I am also very impressed. There is no turbo problems with the full system. IMO why get half of the system. Get the full system!

Get the decat version if there is one.

get a video up so we can hear and see, how much did it cost you in total?
i know nothing about exhausts but this sounds interesting as you say its not a constant noise that would piss you off on the motorway, does it take away the tractory sound you get especially when you start the engine!?

Does sound boomy on start up but thats because of the automatic choke/secondary air pump but once this has died down, give or take a minute, it has a nice burb sound on idle, nothing like a scooby.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2005
Heres what mine sounds like, not the best video and the sound doesnt sound very good due to the crap phone but you get the idea. Thats the full non res system.

Last edited: