Miltek Exhaust

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Looking at getting on with my next pay packet. Miltek do cat back systems res and non res. Am i right in thinking for everyday driving i would be better for the res one as it won't be quite as loud? Do Miltek to turbo back ones and is it for the extra dosh?

Cheers.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Looking at getting on with my next pay packet. Miltek do cat back systems res and non res. Am i right in thinking for everyday driving i would be better for the res one as it won't be quite as loud? Do Miltek to turbo back ones and is it for the extra dosh?

Cheers.

I think they're all pretty quiet until you open them up them they really call out! :D

I'd personally go none res. Dont believe in silencers! ;)

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I still haven't heard mine from outside except when its ideling, but doesn't seem too loud when driving normally. Seems to sound a lot louder as soon as I hit 3200 rpm.

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Your are non res mate? Kriso... Any performance increase? think i'll get a non res cat back - turbo back would be cool but very expensive and not sure what gains can be had with either of them.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
yea mine is non res. There isnt any noticeable performance increase but the turbo sounds a bit louder. You can get the downpipe and sports cat fitted later on if you have the cat back. This is what I am planning on doing - seems mroe sensible paying half now and half in a few months time. I think the sports cat and downpipe give a slight performance increase.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I went for the twin pipe version for a change. Heres a not very good pic:

milltek.jpg

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
mine is a non res from the turbo back no cat and as i ran the standard exhaust with my turbo fitted but once i fitted the exhaust it soundsawasome and i did notice it is more responsive and pulls slightly better:)

jamesmacc

Mar 6, 2008
mine is a non res from the turbo back no cat and as i ran the standard exhaust with my turbo fitted but once i fitted the exhaust it soundsawasome and i did notice it is more responsive and pulls slightly better:)

did you notice a big loss in mpg??/if so how many

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Anyone got a good pic of the Miltek Oval tailpipe?
I've heard its different looking to the original which I'm not sure is a good thing as I quite like the look of the Oval on the standard cupra exhaust.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.