Miltek Exhaust

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
mine is a non res from the turbo back no cat and as i ran the standard exhaust with my turbo fitted but once i fitted the exhaust it soundsawasome and i did notice it is more responsive and pulls slightly better:)

hello mate long time no speak as i have been off the forum a bit, hows the car with the turbo now?? have you had it rr'd??

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi All,

can't belive this thread has come back up again haha seems so long ago i started this,
my advice is get a non res because mine unless i'm flooring it sounds standard and when i just had the cat back it sounded standard untill you planted it then you got a deep grumble now when i floor it it sounds like an airoplane lol also non res is cheaper :) i was told not to have the downpipe on a standard 130 turbo as it puts to much strain on the turbo and may lead to reliability issues but i don't know thats 100% correct and don't bother putting a sports cat on they don't need one to pass an mot apparently so why waste the money i got my dp and de-cat fitted for like £170 should imagine a sports cat would cost nearly that on its own.

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
mikey h where did you pick up your non res cat back from, i cant find a decent price anywhere?
cheers pal

Willsy33

I bent my Wookie!
Dec 20, 2011
The Shire of Leicester
mikey h where did you pick up your non res cat back from, i cant find a decent price anywhere?
cheers pal

You can't find a decent price? What kind of price where you thinking? Most of the site sponsors have them at a decent price.

There are shops on eBay that sell Milltek exhausts (Roadrunner Motorsports for one) , but they're slightly more expensive than our forum sponsors.

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
maybe i was expecting it to be less then it is then, but all i can find is round the £500 mark, is this about right?

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
cheers mate, i mean i only want the backbox section, would that make a difference?

Willsy33

I bent my Wookie!
Dec 20, 2011
The Shire of Leicester
That price was for the cat-back system.

You could always get a custom one made up which will save you a bit of money. Horses for courses really!!

Honestly though, best bet would be to ask in the Leon section as there will be guys who have the Milltek and guys who have a custom exhaust to answer any questions.